- It appears that Skip Holtz will not get the Syracuse job. This has possiblt (though unlikely) Greg Hudson implications
- Jimbo appears to be staying put! (Though Muschamp is denying the reports)
- I've gathered up some Wisconsin blogs. Check them out and let me know which one we should invite to participate in the Champs Sports Bowl edition of the Conversation.
- Thursday was a bad day for the Gators
- ESPN talked about an FSU prospect I hadn't heard about before-- recruitniks, get on this.
- Gano won the Groza
- A much quicker Mini-Project
- See something we should post? Let us know.
Okay, so living in Alabama can be weird at times. There are 3 areas with a TV station: Birmingham, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. In any case, last night 6 sources (4 tv stations, and 2 writers) reported that the Auburn job has been offered and accepted by... wait for it... SteveBoomM'FerWillSpurrierMuschamp. Yes, apparently there is a split. Fox10 in Mobile has the report most are running with, and that is Auburn going absolutely crazy and paying Muschampo $3.5Mil, in addition to his buyout from Texas (he is their head coach in waiting), and paying Tubberville his $5.1 Million buyout. The Spurrier thing has legs as well, but Sportscenter went with Muschamp.
oops, Chantrant his this one-- sorry Rich!
Go Be a Racist! Go Gators!
Jim Tart (yes, the guy who kicked the Alabama player in the head), apparently has some trouble with "learning" and "reality." Dr. Saturday has the writeup here.
Gator Fans made a song about Tebow, and this should last for a long time. Someone sent this to me asking "how long can you watch this for?"
http://www.timtebowsong.com/ My Answer? I actually watched the whole thing to make sure this wasn't a joke. It is real. Seriously.
One other Gator note: OU should be getting some decent players back from injury.
Who is Christian Jones? I hadn't heard about him but I am intrigued to say the least.
Graham Gano won the Lou Groza award for all-time awesomeness Kicking Excellence.
Give me the total weight, in pounds, of the starting front 7's in these defenses:
BC, UNC, UF, CLEMSON, WAKE, USC, IOWA, UCONN, TEXAS, VT, TCU, PSU, OHIOST, OU, CINCI, SCAR, BOISE, FSU!, CAL, BAMA, TENN, GTECH, OLE MISS, ECU, NOTRE DAME.
Once we get the weights, I'll let you in on what I am doing, and hopefully them Democrat will write the 3rd piece in theor off-season weight lifting series.