Last night the Basketball team took to the court for the first organized practice of the 2009-2010 season. Member B-rod24 was in attendance. Continue reading after the jump for his observations and other thoughts on the first practice of the year.
Editor's Note: This was originally a FanPost that was moved to the front page. Thanks for the update B-rod.Just got back from the "Jam with Coach Ham" and here's some observations:
1. Loucks is probably our best game manager and might be our best three point shooter when standing still. He won a little 3 point competition and made 9 or 10 3's in 20 seconds. His range is also something like 35 feet.
2. during the scrimmage Dulkys hit 4 3's in a row, back to back to back to back. He was most likely the high scorer in the 10 minute contest.
3. Xavier Gibson looks ready to contribute extensively and played pretty aggressively.
4. Singleton hasn't improved his shooting at all. He looked good slashing though.
5. Snaer is very athletic and will be very good in the future but i wouldn't expect him to take over and be a volume scorer early in the season.
6. White skinny #33 walk-on (not listed on roster) is a great 3 point shooter too. Was just as good as Loucks. I doubt he'll see time though.
7. Gibson and Alabi have range. Gibson opened the scrimmage with a 3 and Alabi nailed several in a row during shoot around.
8. Terrence Shannon looks like a player. He's very active and has a lot of talent.