This is my first fanpost here, but I'm a mixed martial arts blogger here on the SBN network. I must say that TN is the best college football site I've ever come across and I've been coming here for a while now being that I'm a die hard Seminole fan. I reside in North Carolina, but I'm Native American, hence my allegiance to the Noles. I'm just as sick about this season as all of you that come to this site everyday. However, as bad as this season has been, it could have been a lot worse or a lot better depending on how you look at things. Check out some interesting points below:
1. Of the 6 losses, 3 of them were only by 6pts or less.
2. FSU could have just as easily gone 9-3 with this excuse for a defense while playing the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation. Then one of those 3 losses belongs to South Florida...enough said.
3. On the flipside, FSU could have easily been 2-10 at this point with potential losses to UNC, NCSU, Maryland, and the dreadful Jacksonville St. game.
4. The offense(with all of the starters present) is definitely elite status and it was good to get EJ some playing time. That will be invaluable when he eventually becomes the starter.
5. The defense gave up 31 pts per game on average this year. We do have good athletes on defense. If the new DC(whomever it may be) can get that average to say 21 pts per game then things will definitely be looking up for the Noles in 2010.
6. Korey Mangum will not be back next year :)