Andrew Carter posted a story stating that he spoke with Goodman's attorney about the charges. There are several things I find interesting about his piece.
1. We have already gone over this, but it seems ridiculous that that arrest was made in May, based on a line-up that took place in April, approximately 6 months after the incident occurred. None of the witnesses could positively identify the assailant immediately after the event, but somehow after 6 months this girl picks out Goodman without a doubt? Sounds like it took a while to memorize the photos in the football program.
2. Another witness has come forward and identified a fraternity member as the assailant. If this is the case, he obviously wasn't aiming for the victims face since she was a member of the sister sorority. I think this goes to show that whoever threw the chair was not aiming for the girl and she put herself in a dangerous situation and very unfortunately was injured.
3. It sounds like FSUPD just wanted to charge someone so this high profile incident wouldn't go without consequenses. Goodman was the goat. While none of the player should have been involved in the first place. I don;t think anyone involved in the fight on either side is more guilty.
4. The attorney stated he hopes Goodman will be cleared by August practices which is finally some good WR news.
5. Finally, I found it very interesting that Goodman was using a pubic defender. I guess he doesn't have the "resources" of another school that comes to mind. It's nice to know that FSU is handling this the right way and when Goodman is cleared, it would be in the kangaroo court.