Current commits: (click the links to read more)
- DL Darious Cummings (note: Cummings committed before FSUncensored took over the site.)
- OL Ed Christian
- S Chad Abrams (note: we did a overview in a March WORT after Abrams committed.)
- DE Tavaris Barnes
- Holmes Onwukaife
- De'Joshua Johnson
- Tank Sessions
- Telvin Smith
- Jared Haggins
- Terrence Brooks
- Cameron Erving
- Clint Trickett
- Nigel Terrell
- Damien Jacobs
Come inside for some notes, LB recruiting, and a Nick Saban article on Bama recruiting
- Glades Central DB Greg Dent probably deserves mention in this every week. All the kid does is make plays. FSU offers, he's theirs.
- FSU has pretty good shots at Hialeah DL Calvin Smith and Corey Lemonier. Lemonier is better than both of the Byrnes lineman, but I'd rank Smith fourth out of all of them. Something like this: 1. Lemonier 2. Miller 3. Willis 4. Smith
- Speaking of the Byrnes kids, FSU will not give up on them. Odell is pushing for visits.
- St. Thomas Aquinas DB Lamarcus Joyner has been dominating on offense. He had something like 155 of STA's 204 yards in their win over Boyd Anderson. He had a great time on his visit to Ohio State, and named them his leader. I am still very confident FSU lands him.
- Tampa Catholic WR Christian Green will probably announce his school choice after his UGA official this weekend. Again, we are confident in FSU's chances. His relationship with the coaching staff is tremendous.
- Premium sites are reporting that FSU is back in the hunt for Byrnes RB Marcus Lattimore. FSU has virtually zero shot, the odds are that he stays home and plays for the Gamecocks of South Carolina.
Saban's philosophy on recruiting
Nick Saban is one of the very best recruiters in the nation. In some ways, FSU head coach in waiting Jimbo Fisher's recruiting practices mirrors Saban's. Both have huge emphasis on pipelines and relationships with recruits.
The article is a little old, dated August 2008. There are still some tidbits I found interesting. Be sure to read the whole things.
Could Florida State possibly sign one of the best linebacker classes in recent memory?
FSU could possibly sign three five stars in the 2010. Jeff Luc, Christian Jones, and CJ Mizell. I believe that Christian Jones is the best LB in the country. Jones just has every attribute a coach could want from a linebacker. Luc, everyone knows about him. Mizell is the one that gets forgotten. I profile him a little later in this article. He probably would have been a 5* if not for his character concerns. Just the complete package. Fans of FSU cannot forget about Nigell Terrell and Telvin Smith. Terrell is very speedy with loads of potential, and Smith just makes plays. Plus, he's from Lowndes. Smith is currently dominating South Georgia football. He is so agile and fluid, and he has a great frame. If we get Luc and Jones (and Jones seems to be a given), our linebacker woes might be alleviated. Of course, the next LB coach will love what he finds from his freshman LB.
I came across some CJ Mizell senior season higlights and thought I might take a look. Wow. Mizell runsl ike a deer, hips are so fluid. Very agile. Defines the term "sideline to sideline." Unbelievable closing speed. If you all thought Luc was a huge hitter, just wait until you see this kid. Big bodied. Good tackler, great instincts. Returned kicks for Leon High School in Tallahassee. Kind reminds us of Ernie Sims. Mizell would have probably been the best player in Georgia had he stayed there. Does play undisciplined at times. He is a character risk FSU definitely has to take considering the reward. Could develop into something special. I am not sure if he will make it. All he needs is a test score. Some might wonder why we cover a player like Mizell who FSU may never see in a Seminole uniform. It's simple. People have to know how good this kid is. If he makes it in, I will celebrate. Plus, Tomahawk Nation does not like to hide facts from fans.