January! Recruiting season is in full force. Prospects' high school football seasons have wrapped up, and that means that they can focus on the recruiting process.
Current 2010 commits: (click the links to read more)
- DL Darious Cummings (note: Cummings committed before FSUncensored took over the site.)
- S Chad Abrams (note: we did an overview in a March WORT after Abrams committed.)
- DE Tavaris Barnes
- Holmes Onwukaife
- De'Joshua Johnson
- Tank Sessions
- Telvin Smith
- Jared Haggins
- Terrence Brooks
- Cameron Erving
- Clint Trickett
- Nigel Terrell
- Greg Dent
- Matt Elam
- Kenny Shaw
- I think Matt Elam's commitment is on shaky ground. This has been debated to death. I can't really get a feel on him, but some are confident he sticks with FSU.
- FSU is in the thick of things for Corey Lemonier's services. I think FSU lands him. Coley, Fisher, and Gran are really going to be working on him, as will Haggins and Eliot.
- Here is a 2011 LB prospect that I like a lot. Name is Tony Steward, out of Jacksonville, FL.
- Christian Green is looking great at WR during the Army game practices. Reports say he looks very explosive. FSU is in great standing.
- Due to UF RB coach Kenny Carter leaving the Gators for Louisville, there is a decent possibility that current UF RB commit Mack Brown will open his recruitment up. FSU has a good shot.
- With or without Elam, this staff is doing a great job on the trail. They are really taking advantage of the momemtum.
- Check out SWFLNole's excellent coverage of the Under Armour All American Bowl. It's in the archives. He had outstanding coverage.
More after the jump, including some video, and my thoughts on FSU's remaining targets
My thoughts on FSU's remaining targets
LB Christian Jones - I would be shocked Jones isn't at FSU next year. Jones says he will take an official to USC and then unofficials to Miami and FSU in January.
WR Christian Green - Says he's down to FSU and UGA, again, I would be shocked if Green is not at FSU next year. He'll take an official visit to FSU in January.
DE Corey Lemonier - FSU, AU, UT, and Miami seem to be the major players here. I think he likes the oppurtunity at FSU. Hasn't ruled out the possibility of an unofficial visit to FSU this month.
TE Will Tye - Supposedly his grades have improved enough that he has a chance to qualify. He is a very good talent who would be a weapon in Fisher's offense. He'll visit officially this month.
CB Terrence Mitchell - I don't really think FSU has much to worry about with Mitchell. "T-Rex" is going to take a visit in January.
RB Mack Brown - After UF's RB coach defected to Louisville, Mack says that he might take visits to FSU and Tennessee. I hope FSU gets him on campus.
ATH Vincent Sanders - I think he stays in state. Not really much chatter on him lately. Might visit FSU in January.
Prediction: One of the Mississippi schools.
ATH Jeremy Deering - UF has offered this kid, and he plans to take an official visit to FSU this month as well. I think he's being recruiting as a safety. Not sure how much the 'Noles want him.
Prediction: South Carolina
LB Shaydon Akuna - Official visit to FSU is still a possibility, but I just don't see him in the class.
Prediction: Oregon State
2011 S Robenson Therezie (5'11'' 180 4.39, Miami Jackson)
I was pretty impressed with this film. Per genron, FSU has offered.
I'm kinda hesitant to show this next video, but anyway.....
Those are some of FSU commit Matt Elam's (offense and some defense) highlights.
These are mostly Elam's defensive highlights: