We will have a James Wilder Junior discussion thread today at 2pm and an article on his decision when he pulls the trigger shortly after 5ish.
As for yesterday's practice, coach Fisher really tried to stress mental toughness.
- FSU's offensive line is pretty banged up right now. Left Tackle Andrew Datko is still out with the shoulder issue. He has always struggled with shoulder and elbow problems and typically plays quite well in spite of those. If this actually happened in a game, I believe Zebrie Sanders would move from right tackle to left tackle and the right tackle spot would go to Garrett Faircloth or Henry Orelus.
- Starting right guard David Spurlock is still working his way back slowly from his mystery injury (concussion?), but he is expected to be ready to go on opening day. Bryan Stork is one of the guards who has seen time in his absence, as has Blake Snider, although Snider is also banged up now.
- I am not worried about the offensive line because in a year which FSU isn't likely to be a nationally relevant squad, the conference season is the most important. I don't think FSU will lose any non-conference games it isn't expected to lose because of a banged up offensive line. And I think the line will be fine by the start of conference season.
- The receivers are working at two positions each as the cross-training continues.
- Looks like Chris Thompson was one of the guys who put the ball on the ground in the scrimmage. Let's see if Jermaine Thomas can grab the opportunity to win back his starting job.
- We've been hearing really good things about Bjoern Werner. He's a bit banged up right now but had been excellent in practices as of last week.