Welcome to the recruiting discussion thread. Please refer to the Recruiting Board for information on prospects. We are asking readers comment here instead of the recruiting board so that the recruiting board will load quicker. Feel free to talk recruiting news, rumor, information, etc. Amateurs and experts are all welcome. No question is too simple. Have a projected class? That's fine as well.
Once this thread fills up, we will start a new one.
If you post information from another site, please indicate from where you read it.
Specific Player Questions (Check here before asking)
- Mario Edwards Jr.- His recruitment has been heating up ever since Texas had him official visit for the Red River Rivalry (Texas-Oklahoma). Since the RRR, an ESPN article had reported that he's decommitted. Since then, Mario has denied those rumors of decommitment. However, he has said that Oklahoma is in fact in first place despite his verbal commitment to Florida State. Florida State needs to get back on track to uphold his commitment. A National Championship contender (Oklahoma) will be a hard fought battle for someone like Mario. 11/07/11 update: Michael@TN reported that Edwards commitment to Florida State is again solid after the Unofficial Visit during the NC State 34-0 blowout. Edwards Jr will Official Visit Florida State some time in January(no date has been set at the moment).
- Dante Fowler- His recruitment has been very interesting. He's grown up a Florida State fan, but still has ties to Florida. He's taken multiple visit to Florida, including this summer when he was rumored to be leaning toward Florida. He also took in the beating Florida received from Alabama in early October. He's remained a Florida State commitment, but is scheduled to take official visits to University of Southern California, as well as Louisiana State. He has been quoted as being concerned about Florida State's recent skid. His recruitment should be something interesting to watch.
- Dorial Green-Beckham- FSU is not in the race for this receiver from Missouri. His brother is very sick and he wants to stay closer to Arkansas. That means Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, etc. Not FSU.
- Andrus Peat- One of the more intriguing players in this class. Although at first glance you question why a kid from Arizona with a brother at Nebraska would go to FSU, there is some interest here. Peat's grandparents surprisingly live in Tallahassee. FSU still isn't the favorite to get Peat, that's probably Nebraska, but it's not impossible for Peat to be a Nole come signing day. And there is no question that FSU would take him if he wants in.
- Alphonse Taylor- Alphonse decommited from Florida State after eight months of committment to Florida State (committed to April of 2011). The speculation was that he decommitted after the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game when he realized he really liked Alabama. Since his decommitment, he has yet to commit to Alabama and it's a good possibility that Alabama doesn't have space for him. He has also been believed to have made a visit to Florida State's campus since his decommitment. That visit is believed to have gone well. Other things complicating the situation is that Florida State was believed to have wanted him for OL when in fact he wants to play DT. His situation should be resolved soon since he is an early enrollee.
WR Courtney Gardner- As we first reported back in early December here
LB Josh Harvey Clemons
Note: Dr Krop Athlete Johnnie Durante and CB Colin Blake are working on setting up official visits. More info on Blake here
- Announcement Dates:
Please keep in mind that it is unlikely all of these players will qualify. FSU is unlikely to enroll 25 players or anything like that.
QB Sean Maguire
QB Jameis Winston
RB Delmarick "Mario" Pender
WR Marvin Bracy
TE Christo Kourtzidis
OL Daniel Glauser
DE Dante Fowler, Jr.
DE Chris Casher
DE Mario Edwards, Jr.
DT Dalvon Stuckey
DT Justin Shanks
LB Markuss Eligwe
DB P. J. Williams
K Roberto Aguayo
P Cason Beatty
credit: TimScribble, caine115, fsugrizz.