With the ACC schedule being released earlier this week and all the talk surrounding it, mostly negative, I figured we should turn the topic of scheduling into something more fun and exciting. Face it, the football season is way too far away not to have a little fun in the meantime. First, however, we gotta give the middle finger to the ACC. It's apparent that most FSU fans have different beliefs than the ACC when it comes to scheduling. So let's pretend FSU decides to go independant once again, enabling them to practically create their own 12-season schedule. There is 1 catch though, you're the athletic director and you have complete control on scheduling FSU's opponents.
Here are the guidelines:
1) Assume there is no requirement to play Florida and Miami.
2) Assume all other schools have space on their schedule for FSU.
3) Assume you must schedule 12 regular season games.
4) Assume a minimum of 5 games must be on the road.
5) Assume the BCS standings still exist, so strength of schedule can still affect the team's ranking.
6) Assume only 1 FCS school counts towards being bowl elgible.
7) Assume this schedule will be played in the 2011 season.
*Note: there is obviously no conference championship in this scenario, so take that into account when you determine your strength of schedule.
Imagine what schools you'd love to watch play inside Doak Campbell stadium. Also imagine what stadiums you'd love to travel to and tell your kids and grandkids all about. You can either just list all the road games and home games you'd like to schedule, or you can take it a step further and actually place the games in the order you'd like to have them scheduled (including a bye week). So go ahead, have some fun!