Like Bud said during his excellent evisceration of the 'Cane's article, "Ain't much happening with FSU Football...which is a GOOD thing!" So just to pass the time during this "dead period" before preseason mags come out, I thought it would be a fun discussion to see what my fellow TN regulars would think about some off-the-wall predictions for the upcoming season.... I can't help but imagine certain "possibilities".... so what's your thoughts? "No Chance".... "Maybe! I could see it happening"... or "Bank on it!"
Offense Crazy Predictions.... (I'm not actually predicting all these, btw)
1. EJ Manuel sets a single game FSU "Passing/Rushing" record. Not 100% sure of the accuracy, but I believe the record is Charlie in 1992 vs. Maryland with 305 passing and 111 rushing.
2. Chris Thompson becomes our first 1,000 yard rusher in 15 years
3. EJ Manuel sets a single game completion percentage record going 90% to beat Danny Kannell's record 87.5% put up against NC State in 1995
4. Rodney Smith becomes our first 1,000 yard receiver since Andre Cooper in 1995
5. We have a 300 yard passing/300 yard rushing game as a team.
6. We have 4 games scoring 50 or more
Defense Crazy Predictions
1. We have a multiple Pick Six game by Greg Reid to set an FSU record.
2. We have 3 shutouts
3. Jenkins, Carradine and Werner combine for 30 sacks or more (Wilson and Boulware combined for 32.5 in 1996)
4. We have a game with 3 non-offensive scores
5. We give up less than 14 points per game on the season
6. We give up less than 100 ypg rushing
Crazy Special Teams
1. We have a kickoff return for a TD
2. We execute a fake field goal for a TD
3. Dustin Hopkins wins the Groza
Just some fun things to think about....