So the concept behind stock reports is that the perception of a team can change in a week. If it goes worse, there stock is down, if it got better their stock is up. After last week my estimated records for the teams were
1. FSU 11-1-12-0
2. Clemson 8-4 or 9-3
3. NC State 7-5
4. Wake Forest 5-7 or 6-6
5. Boston College 4-8 or 5-7
6. Maryland 4-8 or 5-7
1. Virginia Tech 8-4
2. Georgia Tech 7-5 or 8-4
3. UVA 6-6 or 7-5
4. UNC 6-6 OR 7-5
5. Miami 6-6 or 7-5
6. Duke 3-9 or 4-8
This weeks reports
1. FSU: Hold: The win over USF was not all that dominating, but at the same token FSU controlled that game.
2. Clemson: Hold-- Clemson's win against BC was solid. I think BC is a little bit than they get credited for, but at the same time, I don't think Clemson's win changes my view of them.
3. NC State: Hold---This is a bit tricky because I would have predicted that NC State would beat Miami, but it was a road game and I would have picked NC State close. Not willing to drop their stock quite yet, but I am a little less high on them. I'll still project this as a 7-5 team.
4. Boston College--Hold---Still see this team (as well as Maryland and Wake as a 4-8 or 5-7 team). They should beat Army this week. Not that worried about the Clemson game.
5. Maryland: Hold---Did not play
6. Wake Forest: Stock Down---- I just don't think they are that good and I don't think they will go bowling. I was down on them in the preseason, took credit for having good foresight after they almost lost to Liberty in week 1, then back offed my pessimists prediction for them after they beat UNC in week 2. After the loss to Duke dropped them to 3-2, I'm down on them again. The game against Maryland would probably be a pick-em on a neutral field with the Terps holding a slight edge due to homefield advantage. Wake really needs that game this week.
1. Virginia Tech: Stock Down--- The ACC is slightly down this year and VT is def part of that trend. Not a huge fall in stock, I still see them at 7-5 or 8-4, but I did think they would beat Cinn.
2. Miami: Stock Upgrade: I see this as a 7-5 type team. Losing big and winning close is not a formula to win a conference title, but its a decent formula for a middle of the pack team to make a bowl game.
3. UNC: Hold: It is tempting to bump them up, but I'm going to keep them on hold until they beat a decent team. They are still a 6-6 or 7-5 team in my opinion.
4. George Tech: Stock Down--- I know see this as a 6-6 or 7-5 team whereas two weeks ago I saw them as a 8-4 team, which is what back to back stock downgrades will do to you. That option is still tough to defend, so I am farily confident they end up bowl eligibility, but didn't see the loss to MTSU coming.
5. UVA: Stock down----I now see UVA as a 5-7 eam. Just liek Wake Forest, I projected this team lower than most in the preseason then backoffed my prediction when they started 2-0 including a win over Penn State. Three straight losses later I have them right back where I had them in the preseason at 5-7. Duke is a must win for them
6. Duke: Stock Upgrade: They went from a 3-9 or 4-8 team in my view to a 5-7 team in one week with a win over Wake. Still I don't see them as bowl team as the schedule gets tougher, but if they beat UVA, I'll project them as a bowl team next week and give them another upgrade.