Noles win 75-67 over North Florida
While Matt attends the post-game presser, here are a few thoughts from the game:
- Don't be fooled by the 75 points on offense. This was a 76 possession game, and scoring right at a point per possession vs a decent mid-major is nothing to be happy about.
- With that said, the 67 points on defense are better than the eye would let you believe.
- We predicted in the preview that North Florida would jack 3s all night, and true to form they took 33 (54% of their shots). Luckily they only made 9 (27.3%).
- We also complained in the preview about FSU's seating policy, and minutes into the game they announced that everyone was free to move down out of the upper bowl. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ian Miller did not play, which affected the team's performance. He was in a boot, and after the half they announced that it was a bone bruise and that he was definite for Minnesota (on Tuesday).
- Michael Snaer had the classic last-year game. He tried too hard to involve everyone in the first half, before taking over in the 2nd. He finished with 20 points and 8 rebounds, and those rebounds should be noted. In three of five games he's had at least seven. Last year he had seven or more three times in the entire season. #GymRat
- FSU committed 17 turnovers, which was 22% of their possessions, and right at the season average.
- Okaro White (15) and Terrance Shannon (12) were the other players in double figures.