While Matt goes to the presser with the burning question of the status of Ojo's custom shoes on everyone's minds, here are a few quick thoughts from the game
- Leonard Hamilton smiled on national television. This came in a teaching moment for Michael Ojo. On the next possession Ojo demolished some poor kid with a spin move for a bucket. None of this is made up.
- This was a very uptempo 76 possession game, which means that the FSU defense allowed just 0.78 points per possession, easily their best performance of the season.
- Injuries to Terrance Shannon (shoulder) and Ian Miller (foot) forced Hamilton to cut the rotation to 10, which is a number I'd like not to see eclipsed.
- I've been pleading with Okaro White through my television for him to be more aggressive shooting threes. He finally listened and made 3-7. His previous career high in attempts was 3. An open three from White is one of the best looks FSU is going to get, so he needs to let them fly. He's made 50% on the season.
- Aaron Thomas continued his recent impressive play, with a career high 15 points off just 9 shots. Michael Snaer led the team with 19, and this was with multiple missed shots around the bucket where he got hammered with no call.
- FSU had just 7 turnovers in 76 possessions. Again, not making this up.