Jimbo Fisher was unhappy with Florida State's scrimmage result Monday. He thought the offense lacked consistency, and had turnovers. Fisher said the defense gave up big plays (not communicating in the secondary) and was poor on third down. He's pushing the team to get better.
- Fisher said that he made the quarterbacks "live", meaning that they could be hit. He said he did it both for the QBs and the offensive line.
- Trickett is still ahead of Coker in the battle for the backup quarterback spot.
- FSU's defense is winning, as you'd expect from a national championship caliber unit.
- Fisher said James Wilder Jr. was solid, but he wanted to watch the film before commenting further.
- Two practices remain before Saturday's spring game (4 p.m.)
- Kelvin Benjamin continues to improve.
- Telvin Smith is getting the reps at middle linebacker in Vince Williams' absence. They normally split reps. Jeff Luc is not playing middle linebacker, despite his build. I'm told he isn't a fit there.
- Fisher said the offensive line has made a lot of progress but there is still much improvement to be made.
-Personally, I'm inclined to believe that the team was not as good in the first scrimmage as Fisher indicated, nor were they as bad in the second as the head man said.