I hate watch lists. They're stupid and unnecessary. And in some cases, a player is ineligible to win if he is not on the original list, even if he has a great season. Still, y'all seem to love them. Here's a look at the Bednarik Award, which is given annually to the best defensive player.
- Brandon Jenkins: Excellent pass rusher who returns to school is a no-brainer
- Lamarcus Joyner: Arguably more range than any safety in the country, and a big hitter as well.
- Xavier Rhodes: FSU's best corner and someone who was rumored to be gone to the draft had he not been injured in the Bowl Game against Notre Dame.
Snubs? We've got snubs. No Bjoern Werner or Christian Jones, but that doesn't exactly surprise me as these lists are largely done on name recognition.
Now might be a good time to re-read 'Could Florida State Have 10 Defenders Drafted In 2013?'
As for who made it from FSU's rivals and opponents:
- CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
- DE James Gayle, Virginia Tech
- LB Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech
- DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
- CB David Amerson, N.C. State
- S Ray-Ray Armstrong, Miami: Laughable. Good, not great player so far and potentially suspended again.
- DT Joe Vellano, Maryland