ESPNU released its football recruiting rankings Thursday. Florida State fared well.
FSU placed five players in the ESPNU150 (Ryan Green, Maquedius Bain, Austin Golson, Ira Denson and Ro'Derrick Hoskins) and an additional five in the ESPNU300 (Isaiah Jones, Tony Stevens, Adrian Baker, Freddie Stevenson and E.J. Levenberry Jr.).
ESPN has 29 Florida recruits in its 150, and an additional 27 in the ESPNU 300. I believe that is too many.
- Tony Stevens. Stevens is rated behind fellow Florida receivers Jordan Cunningham and Ahmad Fulwood. He is definitely a better player than Cunningham. He is probably better than Fulwood, too.
- E.J. Levenberry. The No. 13 inside linebacker? I have a very hard time believing he is outside the top ten inside backers nationally.
Just Right: Ryan Green, Austin Golson, Ira Denson, Freddie Stevenson (until he shows from injury), Isaiah Jones
- Maquedius Bain. Bain has worlds of potential, but is very raw and is not one of the ten best DT recruits nationally (ESPN has him at No.6).
- Ro'Derrick Hoskins (#12 OLB). Hoskins has a ton of potential, but he does not yet play to that potential and should probably be closer to 20th than 12 at outside backer. Still like him a lot at linebacker.
- Adrian Baker should not be in the ESPNU300.
- Sojourn Shelton 5'8 168 4.68. No way is he a four star. Sorry. If you're going to be that small, you have to be incredibly fast and quick. To play at Florida State, that is. He's not.
What do you think of the new rankings?