July 23, 2012; Greensboro, NC, USA; Florida State Seminoles head football coach Jimbo Fisher talks to reporters during the ACC media day at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro NC. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-US PRESSWIRE
I had the chance to speak with Jimbo Fisher today as part of the ACC Football Kickoff along with other awesome media members. Here are some of the things I asked Fisher about:
- Christian Jones' cover skills, his move to weakside linebacker, and Nick Moody's ability to fill the vacated Sam linebacker spot.
- When is it too early to offer a kid a scholarship?
- The differences between Mike Harris, who graduated, and Tyler Hunter, his replacement at nickelback.
- If fullback/all-purpose back Lonnie Pryor will see more time this season running the football with all the questions surrounding the traditional tailbacks.
- How to keep young players who see early playing time motivated.
- If he had ever had a defense that had four former corners starting in the secondary.
- His feelings from 2011 going into camp compared to his feelings in 2012.
- What does he want to find out about his Seminoles?
- Will the consistent threat/option of Nick O'Leary at tight end make the receivers compete harder knowing fewer balls will be available for them?
- The comfort level with and understanding of EJ's personality and skills, and the need to fit the offense to his skills.
Others chimed in with more questions. You can watch the video here for free.