Fisher spoke briefly with the media today after practice.
Florida State football took to the practice field again Saturday as part of its first two-a-day. Below is the video of Jimbo Fisher discussing the practice.
Here are the key points:
- Senior noseguard Amp McCloud, a starter, has a pectoral injury and will miss the next two weeks. He injured it during board drills Friday.
- Daniel Glauser again saw time at right tackle, with Bryan Stork taking some reps at center.
- Cornerback Keelin Smith has a knee strain and will miss a few days. He is the backup to boundary corner Xavier Rhodes. With Xavier Rhodes' comeback from his knee injury going slower than expected, and Greg Reid's dismissal, FSU is short in the secondary. This is worth watching, but is not expected to be a major issue come week three when Wake comes to town.
- Fisher praised Giorgio Newberry, who profiles as the No. 4 defensive end and the backup to Brandon Jenkins. Read more on Newberry here.
- Fisher raved about the offensive line and said it is much better than a year ago.
- Jacobbi McDaniel is being brought along slowly, doing all individual things, and not doing any team stuff. Still a chance he could redshirt.
Inside, find the sights and sounds video.