Florida State football practice update for August 20.
- Menelik Watson and Bryan Stork were held out with minor injuries. Fisher labeled tham as day to day and they are again expected back soon. A source tells me that Watson didn't practice with the team yesterday due to this shoulder bruise (Fisher called this a stinger). Daniel Glauser is back at practice and worked at right tackle in Watson's absence. I assume that Barron worked in Stork's spot at center.
- Jacobbi McDaniel will likely redshirt, according to Fisher, who said that he likely wouldn't be ready to contribute by midseason anyhow. Read more about that here.
- EJ Manuel's ankle injury is taking a bit longer than expected, but is not considered serious. Manuel is being held out of some portions of practice in which he could potentially become injured suffering a hit he could have otherwise dodged because of his limited mobility.
- Rashad Greene is the leading candidate to return punts, though freshman Ronald Darby and Kenny Shaw are also in the mix.
- FSU will not play a team over which it favored by fewer than three touchdowns for 32 days.
Video will follow later tonight.