A crazy amount of rain
cut practice short thrice delayed practice Monday as the Seminoles hit the fields for the first time.
You'll remember that the fields were reworked to drain better. But Tallahassee's weather raised the stakes. The rain delay lasted over an hour. The "drain delay" lasted about an hour. Then another lightning delay scattered everyone at 20 'til 8. That delay is still ongoing.
Florida State is set to break ground on its IPF around Thanksgiving (or so we thought). It is still taking donations. The field did drain off enough for the team to practice at 7:15 p.m.
We'll have more after practice wraps.
A few things were
learned confirmed Monday.
- Bryan Stork is still ahead of Bobby Hart at offensive tackle, though Hart will battle for reps.
- Assuming Stork stays at tackle, Jacob Fahrenkrug will probably be the second or third-team center.
- Menelik Watson did practice.
- Kevin Haplea didn't stop lifting weights when thinking about his transfer from Penn State. He looks impressive.
- Nick Waisome took first-team reps at cornerback in Greg Reid's spot.
- Bjoern Werner is noticeably smaller. Wonder how much upper body work he was able to do while rehabbing his shoulder surgery.
After the jump, let's look at some photos!
Freshman defensive tackle Eddie Goldman. My God, a freshman. This man is not going to redshirt.