So the concept behind stock reports is that the perception of a team can change in a week. If it goes worse, there stock is down, if it got better their stock is up. After last week my estimated records for the teams were
1. FSU 10-2 OR 11-1
2. Clemson 8-4 or 9-3
3. NC State 7-5
4. Wake Forest 5-7 or 6-6
5. Boston College 4-8 or 5-7
6. Maryland 3-9 or 4-8
7. Virginia Tech 9-3 or 10-2
8. Georgia Tech 7-5 or 8-4
9. UVA 7-5
10. UNC 6-6 OR 7-5
11. Miami 6-6
12. Duke 3-9 or 4-8
This weeks reports
1. FSU: Hold---They completely dominated Wake and it is very tempting to give them a stock raise, but I'll figure it was either give them one this week and not give them one next week or wait for them to beat Clemson and then give them a stock upgrade. I think the later makes more sense. If they beat Clemson I think they project as a 11-1 or 12-0 team at that point.
2. Clemson: Hold-- Beat a FCS team by 34 points, but their stock was high anyway, so not upgrade.
3. NC State: Hold---Beat South Alabama by 24 points. I think they are a FBS team now (first year up to FBS from FCS), but in reality they still have the make up of a FCS program. No stock upgrade.
4. Wake Forest: Hold---- Yes it is pretty tempting to downgrade their stock after getting completely dominated, but that was against the best team in the ACC. If Wake Forest continues to win the close games they can definitely go bowling.
5. Boston College: Hold--I kind of expected a tough hard fought loss against Northwestern and that is how the 22-13 loss to Northwestern played out.
6. Maryland: Hold---- I said I expected UMD to split the Temple and UConn games and that is exactly what they did. They should lose by at least a few TD's this week, but the following game, a home game against Wake is absolutely critical for them.
7. Virginia Tech: Stock Down--- In some ways it felt like GT should have beat them on opening night. Logan Thomas doesn't look near as good with average WR's and an O-Line that is merely serviceable. At this point, I think they they are an 8 win team.
8. George Tech: Stock Up---I kind of felt they should have beat VT Labor day and they looked good against UVA. I can see this team now as an 8-4 or 9-3 team.
9. UVA: Stock Down----I watched parts of that game against Penn St. and they should have lost that as Penn St. out played them but lost 17-16 due to a missed extra point and going 1-5 on fgs and not getting TD's in the redzone. GT outplayed them too. Perhaps this team can still get to 7-5 but I think they are 6-6 or 7-5 team at this point, which is more in line with how I viewed them in the preseason.
10. UNC: Hold: I was high on UNC until Wake upset them. They rallied well against Louisville, bu tthey still look like a 6-6 or 7-5 team to me.
11. Miami: Hold---- Blew out an overmatched Bethune Cookman
12. Duke Hold: Blew out an overmatched FCS team. Tempting to upgrade, but I think the FCS team they took out was a weaker FCS team.