So the concept behind stock reports is that the perception of a team can change in a week. If it goes worse, there stock is down, if it got better their stock is up. After last week my estimated records for the teams were
1. FSU 10-2 or 11-1
2. Clemson 8-4 or 9-3
3. NC State 7-5
4. Wake Forest 5-7 or 6-6
5. Boston College 4-8 or 5-7
6. Maryland 3-9 or 4-8
7. Virginia Tech 8-4
8. Georgia Tech 8-4 or 9-3
9. UVA 6-6 or 7-5
10. UNC 6-6 OR 7-5
11. Miami 6-6
12. Duke 3-9 or 4-8
This weeks reports
1. FSU: Stock Up: Arguably FSU's biggest hurdle is out of the way. I am not convinced that VT is an elite team so I'd say that Florida game is going to be their biggest test, though winning at VT is always tough. I project this team now as a 11-1 or 12-0 team at this point. That said, FSU's defense which I thought was one of the best in the nation was a little disappointing, not so much in the trenches but in coverage. On the other hand, FSU's offense is better than I thought.
2. Clemson: Hold-- Clemson's offense is legitimate just like as expected, but that defense remains average (even by ACC standards). They will likely lose to South Carolina, then drop 1 or 2 more in the ACC which still puts them at that 8-4 or 9-3 mark I had them at last week.
3. NC State: Hold---For the second straight week they beat down on an overmatched team.
4. Wake Forest: Hold---- Nice bounce back win after really struggling against FSU. That said, I still think 5-7 or 6-6 is the most likely outcome as I picked them to beat Army. Probably even if they beat Duke next week I'll keep them on hold.
5. Boston College: Hold--Did not play.
6. Maryland: Stock Up--- Yeah they lost and maybe its the homer in me, but I am thinking of them as a 4-8 or 5-7 team now rather than a 3-9 or 4-8 team. Maryland's total defense is ranked 8 out of 124 even after playing WVU. A good defense will win some games, even if our offense is weake (ranked 116th)
7. Virginia Tech: Hold--- I was impressed, but I kind of like I wanted to wait for FSU to beat a good team before upgrading them, I'm going to wait for VT to get a impressive win before I start bumping htem back up.
8. George Tech: Stock Down--- Solid offense, but that defense remains ify. They play good for stretches, but couldn't come up with big stops against VT, then couldn't stop Miami when it mattered. I see them as 7-5 or 8-4 team at this point.
9. UVA: Hold----I expected them to lose to TCU. I still see them as a 6-6 or 7-5 type team.
10. UNC: Hold: It is tempting to bump them up, but I'm going to keep them on hold until they beat a decent team.
11. Miami: Stock Upgrade---- Not giving them a big upgrade, but upgrading them from 6-6 to 6-6 or 7-5 after an impressive win against GT.
12. Duke Hold: Duke is now 3-1 and I have them projected as 3-9 or 4-8. Their wins have not been good, FIU (which is decent), weak FCS team, Memphis (one of the bottom five FBS teams), but I don't think they go winless the rest of the way. I'll upgrade them to 4-8 or 5-7 at this point.