- Michael Snaer 3.0. I don't care anything about anything, but Michael Snaer's jersey goes in the rafters. He belongs there because he's the best defensive player to ever don the garnet and gold, but he's gonna get there because he does things that Michael Snaer does.
- Kiel Turpin played the best game of his career and the 2nd best game is nowhere in sight. I remember conversations on Twitter with people I didn't know during the game where Turpin won his 2nd straight JUCO MVP award. I couldn't see that game - I could only talk to people who were in the stands - but whatever he did tonight is exactly what I pictured that night. He scored 16 2nd half points. He rebounded. He defended. He looked to all like the next FSU center should look.
- Everything I just said about Turpin, I repeat about Devon Bookert (minus the JUCO part as Bookert went prep school after Ham convinced him not to go to Cal - oh never mind). The three he made to tie the game (off of a Michael Snaer assist) with 0:44 seconds left was about the most clutch shot I'd seen since last year. And he showed zero emotion. He played almost the entire second half, and he completely uncontrolled the tempo that Clemson fought so hard to control.
- FSU is back in it. Now they're 3-2 in the ACC and tied with Duke, UNC, and Virginia for 3rd place. Is it going to last? I don't know, but it is what it is.
- Terrance Shannon might be gone for the year. Ian Miller might - based on the way he looks on the floor - get shut down for a while. If a team like NC State with their 6-man rotation (who, coincidentally, in No. 2 in the ACC) suffered a single injury they'd be done, but FSU has depth. It might be young. It might not know where to be on defense. But it's depth, and it's talented.
I look forward to Matt's post, and finding out what the FSU players and coaches said in the press conference.