Ranking conferences by average F/+ of all teams:
1. SEC (28.2)
2. PAC 12 (34.1)
3. BIG 12 (41.0)
4. BIG 10 (41.9)
5. ACC (52.6)
1. SEC (2,3,9,13,16,18,21,30,32,41,44,48,57,61)
2. PAC 12 (1,4,7,12,19,24,26,33,45,63,85,90)
3. BIG 12 (5,10,14,29,36,50,51,54,59,102)
4. BIG 10 (15,17,23,25,31,35,38,43,47,49,81,99)
5. ACC (8,11,20,22,39,42,58,62,66,67,71,73,86,112)
I was surprised to find the ACC on the bottom here. Notice that all of the SEC teams are in the top 50% and that almost half of our teams are in the bottom 50%. Someone could do a nice graphic here to really illustrate how bad we look. Teams in the bottom 50%: SEC-0, PAC12-3 (barely), BIG12-1, BIG10-2, ACC-6. Anyone want to do a little more statistical analysis?
Conclusion: The ACC looks really, really weak right now, relative to the other major conferences. Heck, we might be weak relative to some 'non-major] conferences.
Questions: Will this improve over the course of the season? How much will this hurt our chances of playing for the national championship?