After each game we take a look at the game preview and measure FSU's results against the goals we set.
Garbage time started when: Jameis Winston plunged across the goal line on third down to give Florida State a 41-7 lead with 4:04 remaining in the third quarter. The game featured almost a full 20 minutes of garbage time.
More than 6.75 yards a play before garbage time (338 yards on 50 plays, 405 yards on 60 plays, 475 yards on 70 plays)
410 yards on 59 plays is good for 7.0, so yep, this is a pass. We set an aggressive goal because Florida State has a kid at QB who could be playing in the NFL right now, a veteran offensive line that had a week to get healthy, three NFL-bound (eventually) receivers, and a solid tight end. Oh, and a trio of strong backs.
No more than 1 turnover
FSU had only the one turnover, and it was caused by a headset going out leading to only part of a play being signaled to the QB.
60% or greater TDs in the red zone
Fail, actually. FSU only scored one touchdown in its three red-zone trips that happened before garbage time.
Less than 6 yards/play allowed before garbage time (300 yards on 50 plays, 360 yards on 60 plays, 420 yards on 70 plays)
165 yards allowed on 50 plays before garbage time? 3.3 yards/play. Ridiculous. The lowest home total for Clemson in years. FSU dominated a strong offense in all facets.
Force 2 turnovers
Two? Try four. Granted, turnovers have a large luck component, but they definitely did help turn this into the blowout that it was.
Less than 60-percent touchdowns allowed in the red zone
Fail, actually. But, Clemson only had one red-zone chance before garbage time.
Dominant win. Outgaining Clemson 410-165 before garbage time. Scalped.
Did you miss any of our coverage:
- National media thinks Florida State football is back
- Telvin Smith asked Lawrence Dawsey if this is what it was like during Florida State's dynasty years: Yes
- Florida State No. 2 in initial BCS Standings
- Florida State over Clemson: Field-level highlights
- Florida State over Clemson: Clips from ESPN
- Again: Do Not Blitz Florida State's Jameis Winston
- Receiver Rashad Greene thinks Florida State is the best team in the country
- VIDEO: Jimbo Fisher after Florida State's huge win over Clemson
- Florida State 51, Clemson 14: Highlights of epic beatdown
- Florida State crashes Clemson's party in Death Valley