So this was a bit unexpected.
Florida State actually gained a bit of ground on Oregon in the USA Today Coaches Poll, despite Oregon blowing out No. 12 UCLA.
Maybe East Coast voters turned off the game when Oregon started slow against the Bruins before blowing them out (this is trademark Oregon, by the way, as their crazy pace wears teams down)?
Or perhaps, and this seems to be more likely, some voters stopped putting Ohio State in front of Florida State. Ohio State lost points and Florida State gained points this week.
Of course, that isn't uniform. There are still some coaches voting the Buckeyes at No. 2, over FSU and Oregon.
And one coach even put Florida State No. 12. 12! I wonder who that was? Oregon's lowest vote was 3rd, and Ohio State's lowest vote was 4th.
Apologies, this is not true. USA Today's chart apparently means that FSU has been as high as 12th in the poll this year.
Remember, the Coaches Poll counts.
Your thoughts in the comments section.
More from Tomahawk Nation:
- VIDEO: Kelvin Benjamin after Florida State crushed N.C. State
- Florida State Defense Coming Together Nicely Under Jeremy Pruitt
- VIDEO: Jameis Winston after Florida State's thumping of N.C. State
- Florida State 49, NC State 17: Jimbo Fisher post-game video
- Florida State crushes N.C. State on Bobby Bowden's return to Doak
- Gameday Central: NC State at Florida State
- NC State at FSU: 4th Quarter
- NC State at FSU: 3rd Quarter
- NC State at FSU: 2nd Quarter/Halftime
- NC State at FSU: 1st Quarter
- NC State at Florida State: Football preview and prediction
- Florida State Recruits & Targets Schedule 10/25
- Noles news 10.24.13: Florida State football
- Opponent Blogger Q&A: Backing The Pack
- Jimbo Fisher call-in show live thread 10.23.13