With the game against in state-rival Miami coming up, the Noles are preparing to host a number of high profile recruits, some for official visits and others for unofficial ones. This game is always a big one when it comes to determining recruiting battles for the Noles and the Canes.
This week I'll be adding 4-star top 100 247 Sports composite offensive tackle David Sharpe of Providence High School (Jacksonville, FL) into the targets section due to the recent chatter that he has started to lean more towards going to Florida State over Florida and Georgia. He will also be one of those big time recruits attending the Miami game. Sharpe is an elite offensive tackle which is a position that the Noles really need some help at in the coming years.
I'm also going to add in 5 Star RB Dalvin Cook of Miami Central High School (FL), who is currently committed to the Gators, but FSU has not given up pursuit and he still seems to be interested in the Noles.
I am also tempted to remove OT Damian Prince but I'm going to hold off on that for a bit just in case.
I haven't started tracking them yet, but keep on eye on Virginia commits S Quin Blanding and DT Andrew Brown. Blanding had FSU in his top 3 before he decided and the Noles were pursing Brown. They're both top 10 recruits from Virginia, but their season is not going well and Mike London may get fired when it's all said and done.
Anyways, here's what some of these high school recruits have been up to.
- LB Kain Daub and DE Blake McClain of Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL) handily defeated Mandarin (Jacksonville, FL) in a 31-0 contest. TN user Garnet and Gold in Jax (Thank you again!) has informed me that the defense only allowed 87 yards, forced 4 turnovers, and only allowed 3 first downs the whole game. That's impressive. Sandalwood will be hosting First Coast (Jacksonville, FL) in a big time matchup for that district on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- WR Markell Pack of Purvis (MS) rushed for 69 yards on 10 carries, caught one ball for 18 yards, and also threw a 23 yard TD pass against South Pike (Magnolia, MS) in a 42-7 win. Purvis will now be traveling to take on Lawrence County (Monticello, MS) on 11/1.
- LB Jacob Pugh and LS Stephen Gabbard of Godby (Tallahassee, FL) and their team defeated Florida State University School (Tallahassee, FL) 41-21 after outscoring FSUS 34-7 in the second half. Pugh had six total tackles and also a reception for a 2 point conversion. Now sitting at 8-1, Godby will be hitting the road to take on New Smyrna Beach (FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- DT Dexter Wideman of Saluda (SC) and his team lost in a close one to Ninety Six (SC) by a score of 25-28. Now at 5-4 on the year, Saluda will be traveling to take on Batesburg-Leesville (Batesburg, SC) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- LB Delvin Purifoy of Pensacola Catholic (FL) and his squad improved their record to 9-0 as they defeated Gulf Breeze (FL) 35-7. Purifoy racked up 9 solo tackles in the game. Pensacola Catholic will look to have an undefeated season as they travel to take on West Florida (Pensacola, FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- TE Mavin Saunders of Kinkaid (Houston, TX) defeated St. John's (Houston, TX) by a score of 35-15 and improve their record to 9-0. Saunders had 71 yards and a TD on 5 catches. Kinkaid will be finishing their season looking to stay undefeated against Episcopal School of Dallas (Dallas, TX) on 11/2 at 6 PM. This game will be held at Kinkaid High School.
- DT Demarcus Christmas of Manatee (Bradenton, FL) helped his squad take down undefeated University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) by 28-24 and now Manatee sits at a 9-0 record on the season. Christmas had 4 tackles and a sack in the game. The regular season finale for Manatee will take place on 11/1 at 7:30 PM as they host Palm Harbor University (Palm Harbor, FL).
- RB Jonathan Vickers of North Florida Christian (Tallahassee, FL) and his squad suffered a 28-59 loss at the hands of Wakulla (Crawfordville, FL). Vickers was held to only 30 yards on 13 carries in the game. NFC will now be traveling to take on Florida A&M High School (Tallahassee, FL) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- QB JJ Consentino of Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) led his team to a 55-0 shutout against Bulter (PA). Looking to finish the regular season undefeated, Central Catholic will be hosting Baldwin (Pittsburgh, PA) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- OG Corey Martinez of Tampa Catholic (FL) stonewalled Lakeland Christian (FL) in a 41-0 shutout. Now at 7-1, Tampa Catholic will now be hosting Bishop McLaughlin Catholic (Spring Hill, FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- ATH Malique Jackson of Wayne County (Jesup, GA) and his squad defeated Liberty County (Hinesville, GA) 34-26 to improve to 7-1 on the season. Wayne County will now be traveling to take on Statesboro (GA) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- ATH Jojo Robinson of Northwestern (Miami, FL) did not play against Glades Central (Belle Glade, FL) as the game was cancelled due to gang related violence in the area. Northwestern will now be hosting Homestead (FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- DE Rick Leonard of Middletown (MD) had 57 receiving yards on 2 catches, 4 tackles, 2 TFLs, and 2 sacks in a 49-14 win over Governor Thomas Johnson (Frederick, MD). Now sitting at 8-0 on the season, Middletown will be hosting on Linganore (Frederick, MD) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- WR Ryan Sousa of Lake Nona (Orlando, FL) had 117 yards and 2 TDs on 5 catches in a 54-0 win over Celebration (FL). Now at 6-2, Lake Nona will be traveling to take on Harmony (FL) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- WR CJ Whorton of South Dade (Homestead, FL) and his team suffered their first loss against Killian (Miami, FL) by a 13-21 score. South Dade will now be traveling to take on Coral Reef (Miami, FL) on 11/2 at 7 PM. I honestly do not expect anyone to see this game because there is another big game going on involving a school from Miami, I think.
- DT Adam Torres of Lake Mary (Orlando, FL) improved to 8-0 on the season after defeating Spruce Creek (Port Orange, FL) by a score of 27-9. Lake Mary will now be traveling to take on University (Orange City, FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- C Alec Eberle of Atlee (Mechanicsville, VA) helped his offense put up 42 points in a 42-12 win against Armstrong/Kennedy (Richmond, VA). Atlee is now 7-1 on the season and will now be hosting Highland Springs (VA) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- OT Ethan Frith of North Pike (Summit, MS) and his team got absolutely crushed by McComb (MS) by a score of 2-41. North Pike will now be traveling to take on South Pike (Magnolia, MS) on 11/1.
- TE Ryan Izzo of Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ) and his team improved to 7-0 after a 69-29 win over Morris Knolls (Rockaway, NJ). Izzo had 89 receiving yards and 2 TDs on just 3 catches in the game.
- OL/DL Arthur Williams of E.E. Smith (Fayetteville, NC) and his team lost a close one to Cape Fear (Fayetteville, NC) by a score of 14-15. Williams had 10 solo tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble in the game. Now at 4-5 on the season, E.E. Smith will be traveling to take on Overhills (Spring Lake, NC) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.
- CB Adoree' Jackson of Serra (Gardena, CA) rushed for 48 yards on 5 carries, had a 6 yard catch, 2 solo tackles, a TFL, and an interception that was returned 104 yards for a TD in a 45-14 win over Cathedral (Los Angeles, CA). Now at 8-0, Serra will be hosting St. Francis (La Canada, CA) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- OT Frank Ragnow of Chanhassen (MN) was on the losing side in a 22-33 game against Mankato West (Mankato, MN). Ragnow had 5 tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery in the loss.That game marks the end of the regular season for Chanhassen. They finished with a 7-3 record and 6-1 in conference play.
- TE Anthony Jones of Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA) and his team defeated Belle Chase (LA) by a score of 35-14 improving to 6-1 on the season. Edna Karr will now be Traveling to take on McDonogh 35 (New Orleans, LA) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- OT Damian Prince of Bishop McNamara (Forestville, MD) and his team fell to Gonzaga (Washington, DC) 13-28. Prince had 4 total tackles, 2 TFLs, and 2 QB hurries in the loss. Now at 5-4, Bishop McNamara will be traveling to take on Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA) on 11/2 at 2 PM.
- RB Darrell Scott of Havelock (NC) and his team capped off their season with a 67-0 victory West Carteret (Morehead City, NC). Scott rushed for 136 yards on 7 carries and added a rushing TD. Now at 10-0, Havelock will be going into a bye week.
- RB Jeff Jones of Washburn (Minneapolis, MN) rushed for 116 yards and had two TDs on 17 carries, 159 receiving yards and 2 TDs on 3 catches, and he also threw for a 10 yard touchdown pass in a 48-42 win over Kennedy (Bloomington, MN). At 8-1, Washburn will now be hosting Apple Valley (MN) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- WR Josh Malone of Station Camp (Gallatin, TN) and his squad crushed Portland (TN) by a score of 42-7. Now at 7-2 on the year, Station Camp will be traveling to take on Hendersonville (TN) on 11/1.
- CB Kendarius Webster of Stockbridge (GA) had an easy win over Woodland (Stockbridge, GA) by a score of 39-7. Stockbridge is now 7-1 on the season and will be traveling to take on Locust Grove (GA) on 11/1.
- CB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover (AL) led a defense that shutout Tuscaloosa County (Northport, AL) in a 41-0 game. Hoover will be traveling to take on Opelika (AL) on 10/31 at 7 PM. Humphrey is also set to take his official visit to FSU for the Miami game.
- ATH Myles Autry and DE Lorenzo Carter of Norcross (GA) won a close one over Peachtree Ridge (Suwanee, GA) by a score of 24-20. Norcross is now 7-2 on the season and will be entering a bye week. Carter is also set to go to Florida State for his official visit during the Miami game.
- OT Roderick Johnson of Hazelwood Central (Florissant, MO) had another easy win over McCluer (Florissant, MO) in a 49-0 shutout. Now at 9-0 on the season, Hazelwood Central will look to have an undefeated season as they host Howell North (St. Charles, MO).
- DT Thomas Holley of Lincoln (Brooklyn, NY) had 10 solo tackles and 4 TFLs in a 27-12 win over Fort Hamilton (Brooklyn, NY). Now at 8-0 on the season, Lincoln will be traveling to take on Boys & Girls (Brooklyn, NY) on 11/3 at 12 PM.
- WR Travis Rudolph of Cardinal Newman (West Palm Beach, FL) had 109 receiving yards and a TD on 5 catches. He also rushed for 20 yards in a 45-7 win over North Broward Prep (Coconut Creek, FL). Now sitting at 6-2, Cardinal Newman will be traveling to take on American Heritage (Delray Beach, FL) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- WR Malachi Dupre of Curtis (River Ridge, LA) had 109 receiving yards and a TD on 3 catches in a 68-8 win over Lusher (New Orleans, LA). At 5-2 on the season now, Curtis will be hosting De La Salle (New Orleans, LA) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- DE Jalyn Holmes of Lake Taylor (Norfolk, VA) was on the winning side of a winning one against Wilson (Portsmouth, VA) in a 57-0 shutout. At 6-2 on the season, Lake Taylor will be traveling to take on Granby (Norfolk, VA) on 11/1 at 7 PM.
- 5 Star RB Dalvin Cook of Miami Central (Miami, FL) and his squad are currently sitting on a nice 7-1 record for the season. They will be traveling to take on Palmetto (Miami, FL) on 11/2 at 7 PM.
- 4 Star OT David Sharpe of Providence (Jacksonville, FL), currently standing with a 6-2 record, will be traveling to take on Trinity Christian (Jacksonville, FL) on 11/1 at 7:30 PM.