And yet another twist and turn in the Jameis Winston investigation. Remember, Winston has not been charged with any crime.
Wednesday evening, Winston's lawyer Tim Jansen was quite angry that the Tallahassee Police Department was publicly airing a timeline of investigation and communication (or lack thereof) with his client and the complainant for an alleged sexual battery.
Here is what Jansen had to say Wednesday to the Tallahassee Democrat's Jeffrey Burlew.
Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen of #Tallahassee: "We are deeply troubled that (TPD) is putting on their webpage a time line of the events."— Jeffrey Burlew (@JeffBurlew) November 27, 2013
Jansen said TPD time line "contains some information which violates my client's rights to a fair resolution of his case."— Jeffrey Burlew (@JeffBurlew) November 27, 2013
Jansen said TPD's time line could taint potential jury pool in Jameis Winston case goes to trial.— Jeffrey Burlew (@JeffBurlew) November 27, 2013
Winston's attorney, Jansen: "There is no reason whatsoever for that time line to be on a public web page at this time."— Jeffrey Burlew (@JeffBurlew) November 27, 2013
- Jimbo Fisher call-in show live thread 11.27.13
- Tallahassee Police releases its timeline of events for Jameis Winston investigation
- Florida State football news: 11.27.13 -- Podcast is back
- Jameis Winston decision unlikely until after next week
- Florida State Football Practice Report: 11/26
- Florida State Football Practice Report: 11/25