Assuming Minnick survived a late game Ojo swat into press row, he'll be heading off to a late night doing press duties. Meanwhile, here are my thoughts on what was important about this game.
- This was a 14-point game, but it wasn't that close. Any game that finishes with Len Elmore complaining about the fundamentals of the walk-ons is a good game. This was the 1st ACC game this season where the 2nd half was comfortable.
- Michael Snaer went senior mode and scored 24 points on just 10 shots. Since Devon Bookert was inserted into the starting lineup, Snaer has averaged 16.4 points and made 18-29 2s (62%).
- FSU had 12 blocks. Here is the list of the other games this year where FSU had more than 9 blocks: @Maryland.
- Most importantly, FSU retained possession on 8-12 blocks. Blocked shots don't mean much if the other team gets a baseline out-of-bounds play.
- FSU's 3-pt slump continued (29%) yet they still dominated. Amazing what a little defense does.
- Robert Gilchrist should be singled out for his grasp of the defense. The light is coming on.
- Wake Forest made just 10-34 2s (29%).
- Okaro White had 13 points and 9 boards, and didn't have to sit with foul trouble until the 6-minute mark of the first half. Progress.
- FSU now gets @UNC, Virginia, and NC State. They need to win 2 of those 3 to avoid their first under-.500 ACC season since 2007-08.
Play of the Game:
Bojo tip out. Bookert vision. White athleticism.