After Florida State's closed practice today, rumors circulated that starting left tackle Cameron Erving had left practice on a stretcher.
Just before 10 EST Wednesday evening, Jacksonville radio personality Rick Ballou tweeted that Erving had been injured and taken to the hospital, but that he was not carted off the field, and that the results were better than expected.
Ballou has previous had credible injury information from a source at Florida State.
More on Erving in a few. Went to hospital. The results were better than expected. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
Erving not carted off field. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
Karlos Williams ran into him and Erving hurt his back. He did finish practice. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
Problems for Erving came after practice. He was taken to hospital. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
Complications came to Erving after prac. He felt ill. I don't know if its because of his back. He was discharged from hospital. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
My understanding on Erving is better than expected. Told he will be ok. #FSU— Rick Ballou (@Ballou1010xl) September 12, 2013
Note that Ballou said Erving was "not carted off the field." He does not address whether Erving was taken on a stretcher or cart after practice.
Head coach Jimbo Fisher is not scheduled to speak with the media until after practice Thursday, so barring an official statement from the school on Erving's status, which would seem appropriate, the first time we'll likely receive a comment on this on the record will be Thursday afternoon. At that time, we will also receive the Florida State injury report.
Erving is considered one of the ten best offensive tackles nationally.
Here is Erving's bio from the media guide:
2013 OUTLOOK:Long and athletically gifted tackle who enters just his second year playing offensive line. One of four starters returning from an offensive line that helped an FSU offense in 2012 go down in school history as the most productive racking up a school record 6,591 yards which surpassed the 2000 team for the most yards. An outstanding blocker who played a key role in FSU's resurgent running game, which averaged 205.9 yards a game and produced a single-season record 40 rushing touchdowns.
More from Tomahawk Nation:
- Jimbo Fisher Call-In Show Live Thread 9.11.13
- VIDEO: 20 minutes of Florida State's Jameis Winston
- Florida State Football Practice Report 9/10
- JUCO PF Cinmeon Bowers commits to FSU
- Gallery: Florida State's play-action against Pitt
- Practice Notes for 9/9
- Clemson Prep Starts Now for Florida State
- Florida State injury update: James Wilder, Jr., P.J. Williams and Tre' Jackson
- Jimbo Fisher press conference: Florida State before Nevada
- Florida State football news 09.09.13: What did you learn from Florida-Miami?
- Gameday Central: Bye Week Edition
- Florida State Recruits & Targets Schedule Week of 9/6
- Basketball recruiting update
- Karlos Williams moves to running back: Former Florida State safety looks to make impact
- Thursday Practice Report