This week we are happy to add a new member to the commit list for Florida State. We'll begin having updates for the 24th commit of the 2014 recruiting class in 3 star TE Ryan Izzo of Pope John XXIII High School in Sparta, New Jersey.
Before we get started I have a quick update on Safety commit Trey Marshall, who suffered a serious injury during a game in Tallahassee against Lincoln three weeks ago that required emergency surgery. The official diagnosis was a ruptured stomach (ouch). He was released from the hospital last week and has been cleared to being rehab. Despite the seriousness of the injury, Columbia (Lake City, FL) coach Brian Allen believes that he will be back on the field in 3-4 weeks.
- LB Kain Daub and DE Blake McClain of Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL) were on the winning side in a contest against Flagler Palm Coast (Palm Coast, FL), the score was 26-17 (I've been having trouble finding stats for Sandalwood, so if anyone can help please post in the comments section). Sandalwood will be traveling to take on Jackson (Jacksonville, FL) Friday night at 7 PM.
- WR Markell Pack of Purvis (MS) was on the losing side in a contest against Forrest County Agricultural (Brooklyn, MS) by a score of 42-28. Pack had 72 rushing yards on 5 carries, and 55 reception yards on 6 catches. Purvis will be traveling to take on Perry Central (New Augusta, MS) on Friday night.
- LB Jacob Pugh and LS Stephen Gabbard of Godby (Tallahassee, FL) helped their team crush Leon (Tallahassee, FL) by a score of 50-9. Pugh had 7 total tackles including a sack and 2 QB hurries. Godby will be going into a bye week.
- DT Dexter Wideman of Saluda (SC) helped his squad cruise by Branchville (SC) by a score of 55-0. Saluda will be traveling to Chapman (Inman, SC) Friday night at 7:30 PM.
- LB Delvin Purifoy of Pensacola Catholic (FL) had a big win over Bay (Panama City, FL) in a blowout by a score of 54-13. Delvin Purifoy had 10 solo tackles in the win. PCHS will be hosting Rutherford (Panama City, FL) on Friday night at 7:30 PM.
- TE Mavin Saunders of Kinkaid (Houston, TX) helped his squad defeat Fort Worth Country Day (Fort Worth, TX) by a score of 55-14. Kinkaid will be traveling to take on Kelly Catholic (Beaumont, TX) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- DT Demarcus Christmas of Manatee (Bradenton, FL) cruised by Sarasota (FL) by a score of 66-7. Christmas did not accumulate any stats. Manatee will be hosting Southeast (Bradenton, FL) Friday night at 7:30 PM.
- ATH Treon Harris and DT Frederick Jones of Booker T. Washington (Miami, FL) will be traveling to take on Monsignor Pace (Miami, FL) Friday night at 7 PM.
- RB Jonathan Vickers of North Florida Christian (Tallahassee, FL) won a close one by a score of 30-27 against Marianna (FL). Vicker had 118 yards on 14 carries and had a TD run. He also accumulated 108 reception yards on 8 catches and added a receiving TD. NFC will be hosting Jefferson County (Monticello, FL) Friday night at 7 PM.
- QB JJ Consentino of Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) defeated Fox Chapel (Pittsburgh, PA) by a score of 49-10. Central Catholic will be traveling to take on Seneca Valley (Harmony, PA) on Friday night at 7:30 PM.
- OG Corey Martinez of Tampa Catholic (FL) helped his squad in a 39-13 win over Fort Meade (FL). Tampa Catholic will be traveling to take on Cardinal Mooney (Sarasota, FL) Friday night at 7 PM.
- ATH Malique Jackson of Wayne County (Jesup, GA) was on the winning side of a shutout against Butler (Augusta, GA) by a score of 53-0. Wayne County will be traveling to the Academy of Richmond Country (Augusta, GA) on Friday night.
- ATH Jojo Robinson of Northwestern (Miami, FL) was on the losing side of a contest against Carol City (FL) by a score of 15-28. Northwestern will be traveling to Blance Ely (Pompano Beach, FL) Friday night at 7 PM.
- DE Rick Leonard of Middletown (MD) helped his team crush Boonsboro by a score of 55-13. Leonard had 2 catches go for 26 yards, and racked up 2 total tackles in the win.
- WR Ryan Sousa of Lake Nona (Orlando, FL) will be taking on Liberty (Kissimmee, FL) Friday night at 7:30 PM. The game will be held at Liberty High School.
- WR CJ Whorton of South Dade (Homestead, FL) cruised by Palmetto (Miami, FL) by a score of 43-0. Whorton had a 62 yard TD grab in the game. South Dade also played Varela (Miami, FL) and easily won by a score of 47-7.
- DT Adam Torres of Lake Mary (Orlando, FL) helped his squad defeat DeLand (FL) 21-17 after coming off of an injury. It was the first game he was able to play this season. Lake Mary will be taking on Seminole (Sanford, FL) Friday night at 7 PM. The game will be held at Lake Mary High School.
- C Alec Eberle of Atlee (Mechanicsville, VA) suffered a loss against Freeman (Richmond, VA) by a score of 14-24. Atlee will be hosting Henrico (Richmond, VA) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- OT Ethan Frith of North Pike (Summit, MS) helped his squad defeat Wesson (MS) by a score of 49-12. North Pike will be traveling to take on Northeast Jones (Laurel, MS) on Friday night.
- TE Ryan Izzo of Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ) will be taking on Morris Hills (Rockaway, NJ) on Saturday at 1 PM. The game will be held at Pop John XXIII High School.
- CB Adoree Jackson of Serra (Gardena, CA) was on the winning side against Dorsey (Los Angeles, CA) by a score of 48-18. Jackson had 44 rushing yards, 4 receptions for 167 yards and a TD. He also had 1 assisted tackle.
- OT Frank Ragnow of Chanhassen (MN) had 5 total tackles, a sack, and a FF in a 27-0 win over Northfield (MN). Chanhassen will be traveling to take on New Prague (MN) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- TE Anthony Jones of Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA) suffered a 33-38 loss against Curtis (River Ridge, LA) on Thursday. Karr will be going on a bye week.
- OT Damian Prince Bishop McNamara (Forestville, MD) got a win in a close one against St. Mary's Ryken (Leonardtown, MD) by a score of 25-29. Bishop McNamara will be traveling to take on Archbishop Carroll (Washington, DC) on Saturday at 2 PM.
- RB Darrell Scott of Havelock (NC) racked up 131 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown in a 40-13 win against Northside (Jacksonville, NC). Havelock will be hosting Richlands (NC) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- RB Jeff Jones of Washburn (Minneapolis, MN) was on the losing side by a score of 25-47 against St. Paul Central (St. Paul, MN). Washburn will be traveling to take on Roosevelt / Minnesota Transitions (Minneapolis, MN) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- WR Josh Malone of Station Camp (Gallatin, TN) won a close one by 28-22 against Lebanon (TN). Station Camp will be hosting Pearl-Cohn (Nashville, TN) on Friday at 7 PM.
- CB Kendarius Webster of Stockbridge (GA) was on the winning side of a 40-0 shutout against North Clayton (College Park, GA). Stockbridge will be taking on Griffin (GA) on Friday night. The game will be held at Stockbridge High School.
- CB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover (AL) was on the winning side against Northridge (Tuscaloosa, AL) by a score of 56-14. Hoover will be hosting Vestavia Hills (AL) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- ATH Myles Autry of Norcross (GA) was in a win against Duluth (GA) by a score of 38-3. Norcross will be hosting Mill Creek (Hoschton, GA) on Friday night at 7:30 PM.
- OT Roderick Johnson of Hazelwood Central (Florissant, MO) was on the winning side in a 47-8 game against Hazelwood West (Hazelwood, MO). Hazelwood Central will be hosting Ritenour (Overland, MO) on Saturday afternoon at 1 PM.
- DT Thomas Holley of Lincoln (Brooklyn, NY) had 5 solo tackles (3 sacks) in a 26-7 win against Tottenville (Staten Island, NY) last week. Lincoln will be hosting New Utrecht (Brooklyn, NY) on Friday night at 7 PM.
- WR Travis Rudolph of Cardinal Newman (West Palm Beach, FL) was featured in a close 24-21 win against Jupiter (FL) last week. Rudolph had 125 yards on 10 catches and tacked on 2 receiving touchdowns. He also recorded a TFL on defense. Cardinal Newman will be hosting Leonard (Greenacres, FL) on Friday at 7 PM.
Remember that Shai McKenzie suffered a season ending injury recently and Jalyn Holmes is still suspended for a personal foul he committed in a nationally televised game.
If any TomahawkNation readers out there can attend some of these games, please leave your thoughts in the game in the comments section.