I'D LIKE TO ADDRESS THE WHOLE "BIG BROTHER" THING.
LETS HAVE SOME FUN SHALL WE?
Is UF FSU’s big brother in the state?
UF has been playing football longer, in a better conference and has much more money and tradition, so I don’t have a problem with UF being ’The Big Brother".
ALTHOUGH - Murphy45p has informed me that UF was an OFF-SHOOT of FSU! We were first baby!
What sizzles gators, and you know you know it, deep down in your blood, is that FSU is COOLER than big brother.
LETS GO TO THE EVIDENCE:
1. HELMETS – I shouldnt even have to justify this, but, in a nation wide poll our helmets came in as the second best in college football (Michigan #1). Don’t discount this as silly (cause I know you already are), it counts.
2. WARCHANT - The Warchant they hate so much, has been duplicated by TWO major sporting teams and the fact that they hate it so much, that it grates on their nerves, is why we do it .
UPDATE: Thanks to ACGNOLE for pointing out that a TURKISH SOCCER TEAM does the chop too!
They are record holding winners as well...shrug, we just cool like that
CLICK HERE : Galatasaray S.K
HERE IT IS LIVE: CHANT ON MY BROTHERS!.
3. COLORS – Now I know this is a bit of homerism, but the primary colors of UF are just too cartoonish for me. I wouldn't be wearing that orange unless I was working on the side of the road and even the blue, its not a deep rich blue, like Notre Dames, no, it looks like the color of the sky in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
4. THE MEDIA LOVES US. Always have, always will, they WANT us to succeed, they trip all over themselves to fawn 'over us – the gators, not so much….
5. JENN - In our worst years , we still had Jenn Sterger, so that’s worth TWO REALLY BIG C OO L POINTS.
6. FLAMING SPEAR TRADITION – voted best pre-game ritual by a nation wide poll by EA Sports and ESPN 2011
7. WE'RE THE MARRYING KIND - We have long lasting enduring relationships with our coaches, even Bobby has come back to us. With UF, its one bad divorce after another and don't look now, but she's on the rocks again.
FULL DISCLAIMER - Don't take this too seriously, I married a gator.