1. Okaro White led all scorers with 22 points, and he added 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. The points moved him past Ron Hale for 23rd all time at FSU with 1,250. He needs 3 points to pass Ron King and 11 to pass Tharon Mayes.
2. Montay Brandon had a career best 12 rebounds vs Pitt, eclipsing his previous best of 11 earlier this year against VCU. One of the biggest differences between his freshman and sophomore years has been his rebounding. He's increased his OR% from 2.4% to 6.8%, and his DR% from 8.5% to 12.5%.
3. Aaron Thomas made 11-12 FTs on his way to 14 points. For the season he is now averaging 13.6 ppg and has scored in double figures in eight straight games. He could become the first freshman or sophomore in Leonard Hamilton's 12-year tenure to average more than 13 points per game. The previous high is 12.7 in Toney Douglas' sophomore season.
4. FSU only made 6-17 3s, but Ian Miller made 3-7. In the four games since his return from an ankle injury Miller has made 16-28 3s (57%).
5. FSU won 71-66 in a 64 possession game. The 1.11 points per possession scored by the Noles tied for the 2nd most this season vs Pitt. FSU has now scored 1.10 or greater in four of six games, raising their profile to the No. 41 offense in the nation. The Noles are one of four ACC teams to have both a top 50 offense and defense.