Today we bring you the 2nd in a continuing series of Comment Section Quarterback - kinda like arm-chair QB but with words and graphics and stuff.
I was very excited to see the participation in the Kickoff article, and hope for more of the same constructive debates. I'm working out some kinks on how to best to these, so don't be alarmed if there are minor changes/additions.
Florida State at Virginia Tech - Thursday, November 8th 2012
Today's re-visit comes from the first half of a slug-fest up in Blacksburg. VT gave FSU all it could handle, but the good guys would prevail.
FSU shows its "Pony" look here - 2 RB / 3 WR / 0 TE. This look is formidable as it maximizes your traditional playmaking personnel inside and outside of the tackle box.
The rules are as follows:
- WAIT to view the play result.
- Pretend you're the quarterback.
- Read the pre-snap setup of the defense (picture embedded).
- Vote in the poll what type of play you would check to.
- NOW you can check out the actual play (video embedded)
- Defend your play-call in the comment section. Did your call match the actual one? Does the offense run the best possible play here, given VT's pre-snap setup? What do you or don't you like about the actual play-call? What does the defensive alignment possible tell you about what to expect from VT's D on this play? Points for logic & punctuation.