The Florida State Seminoles will hold their pro day on March 19, with 14 players ready to show of their skills to the NFL scouts on hand. A huge draft class out of Tallahassee will have us hearing Seminole names called often at the end of April.
Tomahawk Nation will have live coverage of the event thanks to TN contributor Dustin Tackett, who is already out at the fields. Refresh this page for all the latest, starting around 11 this morning. Updates of player results will appear in bold.
- It rained quite a bit in Tallahassee last night, however the Doak field seems to have drained pretty well. FSU advises that it will take it inside if conditions are not right.
- As of 10 a.m., the players are not yet out on the field. We are told that they are inside the facility and will soon emerge.
- Former Florida State players Travis Johnson, Beau Reliford and Bryant McFadden are also expected to the pro day. It is not known whether they will work out for NFL scouts.
- It looks like all 32 NFL teams are represented out on the field.
- ESPN reports that Chris Thompson will not run the 40-yard dash due to the wet conditions. Thompson tore his ACL in early November against Miami, and his recovery is going well.
They're getting ready to run the 40 and.....I feel raindrops. Very light, but still.— Dustin Tackett (@dtackett_) March 19, 2013
- Tank Carradine also not running the 40 today. Carradine tore his ACL in late November.
- Brandon Jenkins slipped on his start in his first attempt at the 40, perhaps due to the wet field. Jenkins is recovering from a lisfranc injury suffered in September.
- We do not have an official time, but early reports are that Nick Moody was flying in his 40. He is an outside linebacker and former safety who is trying to get drafted with limited game film.
- Ira Schoffel reports that EJ Manuel has been invited to New York to be at the NFL draft.
- 5-star running back recruit Sony Michel is on campus today visiting the school. Smart timing by Jimbo Fisher to bring him in during Florida State's biggest pro day in a decade.
- Werner, Rhodes, Smith and Manuel all had good times at the combine and will not run today.
- Some unofficial times from the cell phone stop watch: Brandon Jenkins 4.9, Nick Moody 4.4, Terrance Parks 4.3, Beau Reliford 4.5, Jermaine Thomas 4.3 (Thomas looked very fast) and Bryant McFadden 4.5-4.6. Everett Dawkins 4.9, Daniel Glauser 4.8, and Nick Moody came up lame on his second (perhaps a pulled quad or a cramp?). Vince Williams 4.6. Again, these are done with a cell phone stop watch, which is quite unreliable. FSU is not announcing the times as of yet. I would probably add .1 to each of these times, at least.
Man, these conditions are just terrible. Xavier Rhodes goes down on his first attempt at cone drill.— Emory Parker (@EmoryParker) March 19, 2013
- The players are now moving to the short shuttle drill.
Greg Reid not running shuttles either. ACL recovery.— Dustin Tackett (@dtackett_) March 19, 2013
Rodney Smith and Daniel Glauser not benching because of shoulder issues.— Dustin Tackett (@dtackett_) March 19, 2013
- Anthony "AMP" McCloud just did 24 reps on the bench press.
- Brandon Jenkins does 19 reps on the bench press.
- Tank Carradine with 32 reps on the bench press!
- Vince Williams 22 bench press reps.
- Menelik Watson 19 bench press reps (disappointing, but has long arms).