James Coley is FSU's recruiting coordinator. I happen to think he's pretty good. Article Highlights:
* Evaluation period began April 15th, no contact with players allowed.
* Already evaluated the athlete as an athlete, wants to know is he a leader, what's his character like, and we look at his transcript.
* FSU's coaches will be on an all out blitz in Florida from May 1-15th
* Won't give a number of projected recruits, but says at least 22 (we will take 25).
* Focus on Front 7 players, corners, a TE, and RB's.
* We are in the 2nd year of the 3 year probation (2010 will be final year)
* Coley says our recruiting focus is on Florida, south of Atlanta, and other schools in that radius.
* "It was early [recruits having fears over the probation] because a lot of schools put out the wrong information on us. A lot of schools tried to use that to their advantage, which, one thing, I promise you this -- you're never going to hear Florida State talk about another school. I promise you. We're not going to get involved in that. Our guys do a good job. We sell Florida State. We don't sell any other school. I don't care what they've done in the last year or what they haven't done. It's not in our business to talk about them. But some of these schools feel we're a threat to them. They took their shots at us. It's kind of worked reverse. They tell these kids they're not going to play on TV. Well, psych, we're playing Miami the first game of the year on TV -- you haven't heard that word in a while -- it makes them look like liars. And once you lie to a kid, how credible are you?"
I wonder what school put out that information?