Oh yeah, the fan base is JACKED up about this Maryland game :).
Bottom line is FSU can't afford another loss in conference and not because they have a chance at the ACC (they don't), but rather because they need to make a respectable bowl game if possible.
Once again there are major injuries -- De'Cody Fagg and Geno Hayes are out again. Alex Boston probably won't play much either.
On the good side Brandon Warren is returning.
Five Keys and a Score prediction below the jump.
1) Score Points: Seems asinine to say this but take away the 106 points scored against Rice and Duke and this team has averaged 19.2 points per game and they are 2-3 in those games.
2) Run the Ball: Or at least TRY to run the ball. Maryland is ranked 11th in the conference in rush defense. Before FSU goes into the short-yardage spread offense they should try to do what everyone else that has played Maryland has done with success.
3) Go to the Endzone: Again it sounds asinine, but in order to score points you have to take shots at the end zone in the passing game. Drew Weatherford moved the ball pretty well inside the 20s, but the red zone is his problem and occasionally it requires needling a pass into the seams.
4) Force Turnovers: FSU scored 10 points off turnovers last week.
5) Limit Turnovers: FSU gave up 14 points off turnovers last week. That was the difference in the game.
It's going to be a rough weather night in College Park and that's going to affect the passing game so I don't know if there is going to be the opportunity to attempt over 50 passes.
Like I said, eventually this team has show pride and if they can win this game, it would show me that in spite of misfiring on all their goals, this squad managed to have some pride.
Score: FSU 19-14