...The Seminoles landed highly-touted Pennsylvania athlete A.J. Alexander and Tallahassee wide receiver Josh Gehres over the weekend pulling the commitment list up to around 24.
Gehres had a 1,000-yard receiving season for Lincoln this season and averaged over 30 yards per catch. He's most likely going to be a grayshirt offer, which means he will not be on campus until January and will not officially "count" towards this class.
As for Alexander, that's a bit of a different bird. His recruiting has been strange to say the least.
- Alexander committed to FSU over the spring and was considered "soft".
- By the middle of the summer Alexander decommitted and said he was no longer interested in FSU and he wanted to go to Penn State, Pitt and Maryland.
- After his senior season was over it became obvious that Penn State dropped him and he contacted FSU again.
- Coach Rick Trickett went to an in-home visit and they set up an official to FSU.
- Alexander visited Pitt first and committed to the Panthers saying he was "done"
- A week later Alexander contacts FSU again and says he isn't sure about Pitt and wants to visit.
- Two days later the visit was off. Alexander was done.
- The following week Alexander contacted Trickett again and the visit was on for this past weekend.
- Alexander had travel issues and didn't fly in until Sunday. He committed to FSU on Monday and says he's happy and his mom's happy and everyone's happy....for now.