The FSU and ACC schedules were released recently and there are a few interesting tidbits:
- FSU pulls a Spurrier and schedules a preseason (Tenn-Chattanooga & Western Carolina) for the first two weekends of the season. This makes sense given that so many players will be suspended through game 3.
- Unfortunately Game 3 is Wake Forest. FSU should be better than Wake and the young players that will be rushed into action and game tested already...but still.
- FSU has 7 home games and originally had eight until the Sept. 27 game against Colorado was moved to Jacksonville. That was a good move but the Seminoles next two games are on the road so from Sep. 20 to Oct. 25 there are no games at Doak.
- Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida are the toughest home games by far and Boston College, even without Matt Ryan, will not be easy. FSU is 4-9 against those four programs over the last four seasons.
- Bye week is after the Miami game and leads into a Thursday night game against N.C. State so they do not have a full two week break this year.
And the schedule:
9/6 vs. Western Carolina
9/13 vs. UT-Chattanooga
9/20 vs. Wake Forest
9/27 vs. Colorado (at Jacksonville)
10/4 at Miami
10/16 at N.C. State
10/25 vs. Virginia Tech
11/1 at Georgia Tech
11/8 vs. Clemson
11/15 vs. Boston College
11/22 at Maryland
11/29 vs. Florida