Florida State is finally less than a week away from its behemoth matchup against the Clemson Tigers. This is arguably the biggest game ever in ACC competition as both teams are ranked in the top 5, have Heisman contenders, and national title aspirations. Dustin Tackett and I were down at the Al Dunlap practice fields taking a look at the action. You could tell just by being around the players that they are incredibly excited for this game.
- Demonte McAllister and Bryan Stork were both back from injury fully dressed out and participating with the first team lines.
- Tyler Hunter was on the sidelines not participating and just talking to the players on the sidelines. He did not have any kind of brace on his neck which is surprising considering the severity of the injury he received. This is potentially good news for his prospects of returning to play next year.
- Jeremy Kerr was not in shells but he was still participating in shells, this hopefully means that we will see him on the field in the near future.
- The special teams unit was working on recovering onside kicks. We also saw Levonte Whitfield and Karlos Williams getting reps at kick return
- Lamarcus Joyner was also getting a lot of reps returning kicks. This is not a huge surprise as he had a huge kick return in the contest against Clemson that really turned the tide of the game in the Seminoles' favor.
- Speakers were brought into the indoor practice facility to simulate the crowd noise at Death Valley. This is another advantage to having the IPF as they will be able to better simulate crowd noise in an enclosed space.