Let's just straight into it this week, no new updates regarding players being added and dropped.
- LB Kain Daub and DE Blake McClain of Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL) were defeated by fellow FSU commit DT Adam Torres and his Lake Mary (Orlando, FL) team by a score of 25-6, and that's the season for Sandalwood.
- WR Markell Pack of Purvis (MS) lost in a real close game 13-14 against Quitman (MS) and Purvis's playoff run comes to a halt.
- LB Jacob Pugh and LS Stephen Gabbard of Godby (Tallahassee, FL) were defeated by West Florida (Pensacola, FL) by a score of 40-41 (ouch). Pugh had a 37 yard TD reception. Defensive stats were not compiled for this matchup. Another group of FSU recruits have their season ended early in their playoff runs.
- LB Delvin Purifoy of Pensacola Catholic (FL) continue their playoff march after a 41-38 victory over Rickards (Tallahassee, FL). Pensacola Catholic will now be taking on West Florida (Pensacola,FL) (the team that defeated Godby, PCHS also beat them at the beginning of the month and gave them their only loss) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- DT Demarcus Christmas and his very good Manatee (Bradenton, FL) team defeated Vero Beach (FL) in a 34-28 game. Christmas had 1 tackle, a TFL, and a forced fumble in the win. Manatee advances to the next round of the playoffs where they will take on Central (Fort Pierce, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- RB Jonathan Vickers of North Florida Christian (Tallahassee, FL) rushed for 98 yards and 3 TDs on 8 carries in a 48-21 victory of Harvest Community (Jacksonville, FL). NFC advances to the next round of the 2A playoffs where they will take on University Christian (Jacksonville, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- QB JJ Consentino of Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) advance even further into the playoffs after their 49-10 win against Penn-Trafford (Harrison City, PA). They will now be taking on Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh, PA) on 11/23 at 2 PM. The game will be taking place at Heinz Field.
- ATH Malique Jackson of Wayne Country (Jesup, GA) and his squad defeated Monroe (Albany, GA) 49-34 in their first playoff game. They will now advance to take on Veterans (Kathleen, GA) on 11/22 time TBA.
- DE Rick Leonard of (Middletown, MD) had 3 tackles, 2 TFLs, and a sack in a 45-6 win over Poolesville (MD). They will now advance to the regional finals to take on South Carroll (Sykesville, MD) on 11/22 at 7 PM.
- WR Ryan Sousa of Lake Nona (Orlando, FL) and his squad lost in a shootout to Kathleen (Lakeland, FL) despite Sousa gaining 138 receiving yards and 3 TDs on 11 receptions. They ended their season at 8-3.
- WR CJ Whorton of South Dade (Homestead, FL) and his squad advanced in the first round of the playoffs after defeating Southwest (Miami, FL) by a score of 42-7. They will now be taking on Killian (Miami, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- DT Adam Torres of Lake Mary (Orlando, FL) and his team defeated Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL) as stated earlier in the article. Lake Mary doesn't post complete defensive statistics, but Adam Torres did force a safety in the game and was named the overall player of the game. Lake Mary will now be hosting 8A powerhouse First Coast (Jacksonville, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- C Alec Eberle of Atlee (Mechanicsville, VA) and his team won their first playoff game against Meadowbrook (Richmond, VA). They will now be hosting Freeman (Richmond, VA) on 11/22 at 7 PM.
- TE Ryan Izzo of Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ) had 2 receptions and a TD on 32 yards in a 53-0 playoff victory over Bishop Ahr (Edison, NJ). They will now be hosting Delbarton (Morristown, NJ) on 11/23 at 1 PM.
- OL/DL Arthur Williams of E.E. Smith (Fayetteville, NC) and his team lost in their playoff matchup against Conley (Greenville, NC) by a score of 14-35. They ended their season at 6-6.
- QB Treon Harris and DT Fredrick Jones of Booker T. Washington (Miami, FL) and the rest of their team defeated Glades Central (Belle Glade, FL) in the first round of the FHSAA 4A playoffs. They will now advance to take on University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- CB Adoree' Jackson of Serra (Gardena, CA) had a rushing TD, 58 receiving yards (on 2 catches), 3 tackles, a TFL, and a pass defended in a 48-16 win over Pacifica (Oxnard, CA). They will now be traveling to take on Buena (Ventura, CA) on 11/22 for their next playoff game.
- TE Anthony Jones of Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA) and his team defeated Salmen (Slidell, LA) 53-7 in their first playoff match up. They also defeated Crowley (LA) by a score of 55-6 in their second playoff match up. The next game is TBA.
- RB Darrell Scott of Havelock (NC) cruised to a 48-0 victory in their first playoff victory against Topsail (Hampstead, NC). They will now be taking on Anson (Wadesboro, NC) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM.
- CB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover (AL) and his team attained their second playoff victory against Shades Valley (Birmingham, AL) by a score of 33-14. They will now be taking on Florence (AL) on 11/22 at TBA.
- Norcross (GA) duo ATH Myles Autry and DE Lorenzo Carter and their squad defeated Etowah ( ) by a score of 28-0. Carter had 12 total tackles including 6 TFLs, and a pass defended. Norcross will advance to the next round of the playoffs as they take on Brookwood (Snellville, GA) on 11/22 at TBA.
- OT Roderick Johnson of Hazelwood Central (Florissant, MO) and his team won their quarterfinal matchup 26-24 against Christian Brothers (St. Louis, MO). They will now advance to the state semifinals against Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO) on 11/22 at 7 PM.
- WR Josh Malone of Station Camp (Gallatin, TN) and his team lost in the second round of the playoffs in a heartbreaker against Hendersonville (TN) by a score of 28-29. Station Camp ended the season at 9-3. A lot of recruitniks are projecting him to end up at Tennessee, but he did recently send in early enrollment papers to 4 schools, and FSU was included.
- DT Thomas Holley of Lincoln (Brooklyn, NY) had another monster game racking up 6 tackles, 4 TFLs, and a sack in a 39-8 win over New Utrecht (Brooklyn, NY). They will advance to the next round of the playoffs as they host Flushing (NY) on 11/23 at 12 PM.
- WR Travis Rudolph of Cardinal Newman (West Palm Beach, FL) had a punt return go back for a TD and also had a pick 6 in a playoff win over Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood, FL) by a score of 40-13. They will now be taking on Westminster Christian (Miami, FL) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM for the regional championship.
- WR Malachi Dupre of Curtis (River Ridge, LA) and his team will begin their title bid as they host St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) on 11/22 at 7 PM.
- DE Jalyn Holmes of Lake Taylor (Norfolk, VA) and his team got their first playoff victory in a 35-7 win over Nansemond River (Suffolk, VA). They will now be hosting Hanover (Mechanicsville, VA) on 11/22 at 7:30 PM in the next round of the playoffs.
- RB Dalvin Cook of Miami Central (Miami, FL) got a playoff win against Boynton Beach (FL) in a high scoring 55-37 affair. They will now advance to take on Dillard (Fort Lauderdale, FL) on 11/22 at 7 PM.
- OT David Sharpe of Providence (Jacksonville, FL) and his team lost in the first round of the 3A playoffs to Trinity Catholic (Ocala, FL) by a score of 13-30. Sharpe was set to make his announcement last Thursday but has now postponed the decision. Many are thinking he will going to UF now.
That's it for this week. These games are getting big and the competition is getting better for these players. Sometimes players who have not been doing too well during the regular season really shine in these games. Devonta Freeman is an excellent example as he had a ridiculous playoff run statistically and led his team to a state title.
As always if you have the chance to see any of these games, please let us know what you see in the comments section!