As we get further along into the college football season, we see many recruits begin to take their official visits as their own high school seasons start to wind down. Expect to see some major moves in the next few weeks, especially with Florida State's recruiting.
We are seeing a lot of playoff matchups start to spring up with the regular season for high school football ending for many schools. There is a lot of potential for some of FSU's high profile recruits to start playing each other in playoff games. We'll keep up you all updated on matchups as they are posted.
No new additions this week but I am removing Kendarius Webster from the targets list as the 4 Star CB from Stockbridge, Georgia just recently committed to Ole Miss. This is a big miss for FSU as there is a big need at DB for the Noles.
- LB Kain Daub and DE Blake McClain of Sandalwood (Jacksonville, FL) fell to First Coast (Jacksonville, FL) 21-40 after falling behind big in the 4th quarter. Sandalwood will finish off their regular season traveling to take on Parker (Jacksonville, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- WR Markell Pack of Purvis (MS) had a big game in a 47-27 win over Lawrence County (Monticello, MS). Pack rusehd for 132 yards and 2 TDs on just 8 carries and also had 94 receiving yards and a TD on 4 receptions. Purvis finished their season at 8-2 and 4-1 in their district. They are now slated to play Poplarville (MS) on 11/8 at 7 PM in the 2013 MHSAA 4A Championship playoff. The game will take place at Purvis High School.
- LB Jacob Pugh and LS Stephen Gabbard of Godby (Tallahassee, FL) helped their team defeat Smyrna Beach (FL) 28-13. Pugh had 6 solo tackles, a TFL, and a sack in the win, and Gabbard had a 47 yard reception TD. Godby will finish their season up against Lincoln (Tallahassee, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- DT Dexter Wideman of Saluda (SC) and his squad suffered a close 26-27 loss against Batesburg-Leesville (Batesburg, SC). Saluda finished their season 5-5 and will now be facing Abbeville (SC) in the first round of the playoffs for their division on 11/8, time TBA.
- LB Delvin Purifoy of Pensacola Catholic (FL) and his squad defeated West Florida (Pensacola, FL) 31-13 to go 10-0 on the season. Purifoy had 7 solo tackles and forced a fumble. After going undefeated in the regular season, Pensacola Catholic will now be hosting Rickards (Tallahassee, FL) in the first round of the FHSAA 5A playoffs on 11/15 at 7:30 PM.
- TE Mavin Saunders of Kinkaid (Houston, TX) had one catch go for 18 yards in a 48-28 win over Episcopal School of Dallas (TX). It was a big win and advanced them in the playoffs to take on St. Mark's (Dallas, TX) on 11/9 at 5 PM.
- DT Demarcus Christmas of Manatee (Bradenton, FL) had 4 solo tackles in a 48-14 win over Palm Harbor University (Palm Harbor, FL). Manatee finished the regular season undefeated at 10-0 and will be taking on Vero Beach (FL) in the FHSAA 8A playoffs.
- RB Jonathan Vickers of North Florida Christian (Tallahassee, FL) ran for 215 yards and had 5 TDs on 19 carries in a 45-16 rout of Florida A&M High Schools (Tallahassee, FL). Finishing the season with a 7-2 record, NFC will be hosting Harvest Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL) in the first round of the FHSAA 2A playoffs on 11/15 at 7:30 PM.
- QB JJ Consentino of Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) led his team to a decisive 56-10 playoff victory over Baldwin (Pittsburgh, PA). In the second round Central Catholic will be taking hosting Gateway (Monreoville, PA) on 11/8.
- OG Corey Martinez of Tampa Catholic (FL) helped power his offense to a 56-10 win over Bishop McLaughlin Catholic (Spring Hill, FL). Tampa Catholic will now be finishing off their season by traveling to take on rival Jesuit (Tampa, FL) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM.
- ATH Malique Jackson of Wayne County (Jesup, GA) and his squad defeated Stateboro (GA) in a 7-6 defensive struggle. Wayne County will be closing out their season on 11/8 at TBA against Burke County (Waynesboro, GA).
- ATH Jojo Robinson of Northwestern (Miami, FL) suffered a 12-21 loss against Homestead (FL). Northwestern will finish off their season when they host Jackson (Miami, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- DE Rick Leonard of Middletown (MD) racked up 3 tackles and 2 TFLs in a 42-7 drubbing of Linganore (Frederick, MD). Up next, Middletown will be hosting Oakdale (Ijamsville, MD) on 11/8 at 7 PM as they look to go 10-0 on the season.
- WR Ryan Sousa of Lake Nona (Orlando, FL) had 291 receiving yards and 4 TDs on 11 catches in a 56-7 win over Harmony (FL). Lake Nona will be capping off their season when they host East River (Orlando, FL) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM.
- WR CJ Whorton of South Dade (Homestead, FL) and his squad defeated Coral Reef (Miami, FL) 19-3. They will be finishing their regular season when they travel to take on their rivals at Homestead (FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- DT Adam Torres of Lake Mary (Orlando, FL) and his team defeated University (Orange City, FL) 48-13 to go 9-0 on the season. Lake Mary will finish their regular season by traveling to take on Hagerty (Oviedo, FL) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM where they will look to finish the regular season undefeated.
- C Alec Eberle of Atlee (Mechanicsville, VA) helped his offense put up 49 points in a high scoring affair against Highland Springs (VA) where Atlee won 49-42. Up next, Atlee will be traveling to take on Lee-Davis (Mechanicsville, VA) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- OT Ethan Frith of North Pike (Summit, MS) had 2 tackles in a 39-0 win over South Pike (Magnolia, MS). North Pike will now be facing St. Stanislaus (Bay St. Louis, MS) in the first round of the MHSAA 4A playoffs on 11/8 at 7 PM. The game will be held at St. Stanislaus.
- TE Ryan Izzo of Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ) and his squad crushed Mount Olive (Flanders, NJ) in a 34-0 shutout. Pope John XXIII will now be hosting Delbarton (Morristown, NJ) on 11/9 at 1 PM as they look to go 9-0 on the season.
- OL/DL Arthur Williams of E.E. Smith (Fayetteville, NC) and his team defeated Overhills (Spring Lake, NC) 40-14. They will now be finishing off their season when they take on Seventy-First (Fayetteville, NC) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM. The game will be held at E.E. Smith.
- QB Treon Harris of Booker T. Washington (Miami, FL) is coming off an injury in time for the FHSAA 4A playoff matchup against Glades Central (Belle Glade, FL) on 11/15 at 7:30 PM.
- CB Adoree' Jackson of Serra (Gardena, CA) rushed for 58 yards on 7 carries, had 106 receiving yards and a TD on only 3 receptions, 2 tackles, and returned an interception for a 65 yard TD in 35-21 win over St. Francis (La Canada, CA). Serra will look for an undefeated season as they travel to take on St. Paul (Santa Fe Springs, CA) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM.
- TE Anthony Jones of Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA) and his squad defeated McDonogh (New Orleans, LA) by a score of 35-16. Edna Karr will now be hosting Easton (New Orleans, LA) on 11/7 at 7 PM.
- OT Damian Prince of Bishop McNamara (Forestville, MD) lost to Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA) by a 36-61 score. Prince had 9 total tackles (6 solo), 2 TFLs, and a sack in the loss. This was the end of the season for Bishop McNamara as they finish 5-5 (2-5 in league play).
- RB Darrell Scott of Havelock (NC) is coming off of a bye week and will be traveling to take on West Craven (Vanceboro, NC) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- RB Jeff Jones of Washburn (Minneapolis, MN) and his squad got shut out at home by Apple Valley (MN) 0-28. Jones ran for 47 yards on 16 carries, had 8 tackles (6 solo), and also had an interception.
- CB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover (AL) and his team will be trying to win the AHSAA 6A title, starting in the first round with a game against Huntsville (AL) on 11/8 at 7 PM. The game will be held at Hoover.
- ATH Myles Autry and DE Lorenzo Carter of Norcross (GA) are coming off a bye week and will be traveling to take on Meadowcreek (Norcross, GA) on 11/8 at 7:30 PM.
- OT Roderick Johnson of Hazelwood Central (FLorissant, MO) and his team won their first playoff match up against Howell North (St. Charles, MO) by a score of 41-7. They will now be taking on DeSmet Jesuit (St. Louis, MO), a team they had played earlier in the season and barely escaped with a victory. The game will be taking place at Hazelwood Central on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- DT Thomas Holley of Lincoln (Brooklyn, NY) and his squad defeated Boys & Girls (Brooklyn, NY) by a score of 41-6, capping off an undefeated regular season. They will open up their playoff bid against Midwood (Brooklyn, NY) on 11/9 at 12 PM. The game will be taking place at Lincoln.
- WR Travis Rudolph of Cardinal Newman (West Palm Beach, FL) suffered a 14-28 loss to American Heritage (Delray Beach, FL) despite having 204 receiving yards and 2 TDs on just 8 receptions in the game. Rudolph seems to be leaning heavily towards the Noles as of late and would be an excellent pickup for the 2014 cycle. Cardinal Newman will finish their regular season by hosting Spanish River (Boca Raton, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.
- WR Malachi Dupre of Curtis (River Ridge, LA) had 80 reception yards and 2 TDs on 5 catches in a 41-7 win over De La Salle (New Orleans, LA). Curtis will now be traveling to take on McMain (New Orleans, LA) on 11/7 at 7 PM.
- DE Jalyn Holmes of Lake Taylor (Norfolk, VA) and his defensive unit shutout Granby (Norfolk, VA) 42-0. On 11/8, Lake Taylor will host Norcom (Portsmouth, VA) at 7 PM.
- RB Dalvin Cook of Miami Central (Miami, FL) will be traveling to take on University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM. Central is coming off a bye week.
- OT David Sharpe of Providence (Jacksonville, FL) and his squad could barely put up any points in a 7-45 loss against Trinity Christian (Jacksonville, FL). Providence will now be finishing off their season as they host Leon (Tallahassee, FL) on 11/8 at 7 PM.