Florida State's Jameis Winston has gone from a close second to the prohibitive favorite for the Heisman Trophy without even playing a game. Winston is now set at 1/5 odds by Sportsbook.com, meaning that one would need to lay $500 to net $100. Winston is now a considerably stronger favorite that Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel was after he toppled Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide last November. On November 23 of 2012, Manziel was 1/3.
After Stanford dominated the Oregon Ducks and Marcus Mariota, the Oregon quarterback has plummeted in the eyes of oddsmakers to a distant fifth in the race, checking in at 20/1.
Manziel is now second at 3/1, Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty is 8/1, while Alabama's QB A.J. McCarron is 10/1.
More from Tomahawk Nation:
- ACC Basketball Preview
- Florida State v. Wake Forest: Preview and prediction
- Florida State Recruits & Targets 11/8
- Florida State gets inside track to BCS title game: Jameis Winston now Heisman favorite
- Thursday Night Special: Oregon vs Stanford Game Thread
- Florida State football news 11.07.13
- Opponent Blogger Q&A: Blogger So Dear
- Jimbo Fisher call-in show live thread 11.6.13
- VIDEO: Jameis Winsday -- Winston's weekly press conference
- Florida State football news: Campanaro was half of Wake Forest's receiving corps
- Florida State football film review: Miami 4th quarter
- Florida State football film review: Miami 3rd quarter
- Podcast: Florida State football and recruiting after Miami
- Florida State Football Practice Report: 11/5
- Florida State football film review: Miami 2nd quarter