I recently spoke with Anthony Robbins, father of Florida State offensive line commit David Robbins, of Glenelg (Maryland). They'll be attending the Notre Dame - Florida State game, along with a lot of other top recruits. Here's the update from the elder Robbins on David's season to date:
"David is having a very good senior year. His Glenelg High School beat a very good Oakland Mills team on Friday night 35-6. Oakland Mills came into the game averaging 47 points per game, and was 5-0. GHS is now 4-2, and having lost only to River Hill 15-14, and Howard 20-15. Some interesting stats, for which David and the OL contributed to vs Oakland Mills:
- -GHS held a very good Oakland Mills team, to 6 pts, down 41 pts from their season average. This was accomplished in part because of the powerful GHS OL and running game who in turn kept the Oakland Mills offense off the field.
- -The OL blocked the way for more than 515 yards rushing! according to the Baltimore Sun. As I am sure you know, for HS that is AMAZING!
- -Two rushers had more than 100 yards, and one of them more than 200 yards
- -They averaged 8.9 yards per rushing attempt
- -GHS had 4 rushers score 5 TD's on the ground
- -In addition to the OL play, David had a 3 tackles and a fumble recovery in the red zone."
We do a weekly update with recruit results, but it is tough to get results on recruits, so this was much appreciated. Robbins projects as a center or guard for Florida State.