- Andrea Adelson, an ACC writer for ESPN, takes a harsh look at how the rest of the ACC is keeping Clemson and Florida State from getting the national perception that some feel they deserve.
- Some injury news out of Louisville as UAB transfer wide receiver Jamari Staples is listed at No. 1 on the Cardinals' depth chart., per Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal. If he starts on Saturday against FSU, it would be his first start at Louisville.
- With the news of Will Grier's PED suspension breaking during Jimbo Fisher's weekly press conference, Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel recapped what Fisher had to say on how Florida State's student-athlete drug policy and how the coaching staff is preventing something similar from happening at FSU.
- Love him or hate him Steve Spurrier is certainly one of the most notable figures in recent college history. The old ball coach is hanging them up so Alex Scarborough lists some of Spurrier's finest jabs.
- In his weekly Punt, Pass, and Pork column, Andy Staples played the blind resume game with two prominent running backs, one of whom is receiving Heisman buzz while the other is not.
Player A: 1,022 rush yards, 8.6 yards per carry, 12 rush TDs; 5 catches, 41 receiving yards
Player B: 792 rush yards, 9.0 yards per carry, 8 rush TDs; 7 catches, 71 receiving yards, 1 receiving TD
Recruiting: ESPN recruiting analyst Gerry Hamilton highlights the very successful recruiting weekend that Florida State had.