Updates on Florida State football opponents are ordered as they appear(ed) on FSU's schedule.
- Texas State lost Georgia State 41-19. However, they did win the volley ball game that broke out in the second quarter.
- USF upset Temple 44-23. The Bulls are playing well and have earned bowl eligibility but Willie Taggart isn't resting on his laurals.
"When I came here I said my goal and my vision for this football program is to win multiple championships," Taggart said. "We're not there yet but we're climbing."
- Boston College had a bye
- Wake Forest played Notre Dame relatively well but ultimately the Irish prevailed 28-7.
- Miami was boat raced by North Carolina 59-21. Now mathematically eliminated from the Coastal title race the Canes are searching for motivation to go on.
"We’ve just got to win the rest of our games and go to a good bowl game,’’ Kaaya said. "I really want to get to a good bowl. That’s the motivation. At the end of the year we can hopefully finish 9-4, that’s the goal right now. Finish strong."
- Louisville continues to pull out of it's disastrous season start by beating Virginia 38-31. The Cavs could have tied the back and forth game late but penalty on an on side kick gave UL the ball. However when you're 3-7 you can't make comments like this:
"It’s the story of our season," said running back Smoke Mizzell, who recovered the onside kick. "It’s out of our hands. Teams get great calls that change the whole game. It comes down to things we can’t control."
Godspeed Mike London.
- Georgia Tech collapsed in it's loss to Virginia Tech 23-21. What's the problem, Paul Johnson?
"We have to do a better job," coach Paul Johnson said. "Ultimately, I’m responsible.
- Syracuse hung with Clemson but couldn't pull off the upset ultimately falling 37-27.
"You can’t spot the No. 1 team in the country 14 points in the beginning of the game," said Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer. "We’re disappointed with that. Once we washed ourselves of that, I thought our kids played extremely hard and effective football."
- North Carolina State lost to FSU 34-17.
- Chattanooga (Week 12, 11/21) clinched a playoff spot by upending Citadel 31-23. Xavier Borishade is Hot Hands.
"When I saw the ball in the air, I knew how wide open I was and I was thinking, 'Please don't drop this,'" Borishade said. "I was deciding whether to jump up and catch it or just let it fall in my hands, and I about tripped. The reason those are hard to catch is because you have too much time to think when the ball is in the air. There are a lot of things going through your mind, but thankfully I didn't make it too hard."
- Florida (Week 13, 11/28) held on to beat a late surging South Carolina 24-14.
Record of Opponents: 65-54