Updates on Florida State football opponents are ordered as they appear(ed) on FSU's schedule.
- Texas State fell to Georgia Southern 37-13. The Bobcats pulled within 8 points in the third quarter but then the Eagles poured it on.
- South Florida's winning streak came to an end at the hands of Navy 29-17. The Bulls led the Midshipmen until things fell apart in the 4th quarter.
- Boston College lost to Virginia Tech 26-10 and is mathematically eliminated from bowl contention.
- Wake Forest dropped a Friday night tilt to Louisville 20-10. Wake Forest QB John Wolford does a good job of succinctly describing this game:
"The defense played really, really good, and we got the ball and we turned it over,’’ Wolford said.
- Miami kind of won a football game over Duke 30-27. If you haven't seen it SBNation has a great breakdown of Miami's improbable game winning play.
- Georgia Tech crashed back to earth with a 27-21 loss to Virginia. This likely means the Jackets will not make a bowl game this year as they have to win out to become bowl eligible.
- Despite losing 7 players to injury Florida State was easily able to handle Syracuse. The game mostly turned on a special teams mistake on a kickoff just after Syracuse pulled within 7.
"It was supposed to be a drive kick, like the drive kick earlier in the game that was really good, he mishit it and they got great field position and we didn't do a good job standing up at that point," Shafer said. "It was a shame because I'd have felt really good about going in at halftime with some momentum and knowing that we were going to get the ball back in the third quarter" on the kickoff.
- Clemson (Week 10, 11/7) was able to out shoot North Carolina State (Week 11, 11/14) en route to a 56-41 win. Raleigh can get strange.
"They tried to make it a haunted house up in here," Dabo Swinney said on the Clemson Radio Network after the win. "It ain't always going to be beautiful, but you have to find ways to win all different types of games."
- Chattanooga (Week 12, 11/21) continues to roll this time upending Western Carolina 41-13. This seems like a good way to win a game:
The Mocs then scored touchdowns on four straight possessions while the Catamounts didn’t score any more as their other first-half possessions ended with another punt, a lost fumble and a missed field goal.
- Florida (Week 13, 11/28) whooped up on Georgia once again, this time to the tune of 27-3. Florida finds itself 1 SEC win from winning the SEC East with Vanderbilt on deck. Once again we are reminded Georgia fans live a tough life.
''If you are a leader in any way, shape or form, you are going to be criticized, in good times and in bad times,'' said Richt, who fell to 5-10 in the series. ''That's part of it. ... Our jobs as head coaches are very, very public and very, very emotional because you have so many people who care so much about their program.''
Record of Opponents: 49-37