- CFB24/7 has been releasing their list of the top 20 players in college football this season and Jalen Ramsey comes in at No. 14. Do you agree with the ranking or think that it should be higher or lower?
- ESPN's Andrea Adelson unveiled her list of the top ten ACC games for the 2015 season and unsurprisingly, Florida State is well represented on the list with four FSU games in the top six, including the Seminoles annual showdown with their Atlantic Division rivals, the Clemson Tigers.
The winner of this matchup has gone on to play for the ACC title in five straight seasons, and we expect nothing different this season. Perhaps that is why their marquee showdown has been moved to November -- to give the ACC its top game with league and, potentially, College Football Playoff hopes on the line. Clemson has won five of its past six against the Noles in Death Valley, though the lone loss in that group came in embarrassing fashion in 2013.
- Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel details the new offensive line's quest for continuity. Although the 'Noles have many offensive line holes to fill entering this season, the current offensive linemen are making up for a lesser amount of talent with a very good work ethic during and after practice.
- Zac Ellis of Sports Illustrated with a poignant piece on how last year's loss to Oregon in the Rose Bowl, the first loss of Jalen Ramsey's collegiate career, motivated Ramsey this offseason.
-USF will be without two veteran defenders for the Florida State game.
These are not small losses. Harris had a breakout season as a sophomore in 2014 with 77 tackles, 10.5 TFL and a remarkable six forced fumbles, and emerged as a defensive leader in the offseason. Whitehurst had by far the best season of his career in 2014, with 49 tackles, 5 TFL and a pair of sacks. The rangy senior was likely going to be the odd man out of the starting lineup in USF's new 4-2-5 defense, but he had a strong spring and was once again in line for serious playing time.
-Clemson'sstarting defensive tackle D.J. Reader is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons
On the field Reader was expected be an anchor for a rebuilding defensive line. Defensive tackle was definitely the stronger position but Reader's leave of absence will force some of the younger and unproven guys such as Scott Pagano, Christian Wilkins, and Albert Huggins to step up in Reader's place.
- 247's Josh Newberg recently changed his crystal ball prediction for 2016 WR Nate Craig-Myers from Florida State to Florida. Newberg, who has a knowledge of both teams, may be on to something as our own Bud Elliott wrote about why Craig-Myers may decide to go to UF due to their depth chart situation being more favorable for him to see early playing time.