- Wayne McGahee, editor of Nole Digest, made some intriguing predictions for FSU's upcoming season.
Dalvin Cook will rush for 1,400 yards
Florida State will depend on the run more than they have since Jimbo Fisher took over in 2010, and having Dalvin Cook available for the entire season will be a big boost. Cook became the first freshman in Florida State history to rush for over 1,000 yards last season despite playing sparingly over the first five games of the season. Now that he will be the starter for the whole season, barring injury, i expect him to set the record for single season rushing yards by a Florida State running back.
- The Palm Beach Post's Tom D'Angelo writes about DeMarcus Walker's desire to improve the pass rush this season.
- Jim Henry of the Tallahassee Democrat discusses FSU's preparations for a Texas State offense that is not to be overlooked.
- Corey Clark, also from the Tallahassee Democrat, analyzes the possibilities of why Jimbo Fisher has not named a starting quarterback with the season opener just five days away.
-Bob Ferrante of the Osceola details the dominance that Jimbo Fisher has had over Florida State's rivals in his tenure. In his 5 years at FSU, Fisher is 13-2 against FSU's main three rivals (Florida, Miami, Clemson) with no more than one loss to any of those three teams.
- 2016 4-star offensive tackle Landon Dickerson included the Seminoles in his top 6 schools list that he released over the weekend.
- After the decommitment of Keith Gavin last week, Florida State has offered 2016 4-star wide receiver Stephen Sullivan.
- Tim Reynolds, who covers the Miami Hurricanes for the Associated Press, broke the news last night that Miami RB Gus Edwards will miss the entire 2015 season with a left foot injury. Edwards, who was shaping up to share the starting duties with Joseph Yearby, is a big blow to a Hurricanes team that has to replace Duke Johnson and multiple receivers/tight ends from last year's team.