- David Hale of ESPN had the pleasure of sitting down with Bobby Bowden for a Q and A session.
- More from ESPN as Jared Shanker wrote a great piece on how Roberto Aguayo is redeeming FSU's occasionally-tragic kicker history.
The adulation for Aguayo is warranted. He was the 2013 Lou Groza Award winner, given to the nation's best kicker, and an ESPN.com All-American a season ago. In two seasons, Aguayo has converted 48 of 52 field goals (92 percent) and hasn't had a single errant PAT out of 149 attempts. In 2014, kickers made 72 percent of their attempts on average, but that percentage drops to 55 from 40-plus yards; Aguayo has made 82 percent (18-of-22) from 40-plus yards in his career, including 4-of-5 from 50 or longer.
- Now that he has officially been named the starting QB, revisit the Q and A session that Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel did with a Notre Dame beat writer after Golson announced he was transferring to FSU.
OS: What are Golson's strengths? It seems like he has the arm talent and athleticism to start for a ton of Power 5 teams.
JS: Exactly. Golson threw for 3,445 yards and accounted for 37 touchdowns last year, the kind of numbers that could've legitimately vaulted him into the Heisman race if it weren't for those 22 turnovers. His throwing mechanics are great, his arm strength is outstanding and he's able to make plays outside the pocket. He's not as good of a runner as he may be cast to be -- he admitted last year he was a pure passer in high school and was still getting comfortable running the read option -- but give him protection and a few good running backs, and he'll probably cut down on those turnovers from last year. Getting out of South Bend and a fraying relationship with Kelly should help with that anyway.
- On the other side of the quarterback coin, the Tallahassee Democrat's Corey Clark expresses how tough it was for Jimbo Fisher to relay the bad news to fourth-year Seminole Sean Maguire.
- 4-star tight end Nasier Upshur is set to make his commitment Tuesday and Florida State is expected to be the pick. More to come on Tomahawk Nation.